Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 816 times)

Offline deb

• Trade Count: (0)
Disappointed
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:10:22 AM »
I almost feel the need to apologize for the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  I feel embarrassed to reside here. Bush did take the "T" of the state (top tier and down the central part)  Kerry carried Filth-adelphia and Pitts-burgh, not surprising.
Too many uninformed, uneducated voters. Too many first time voting college kids, who have no idea what life is about, except partying. Who were led to believe that Iraq is the "wrong war at the wrong time", as the only issue. Too many hard core, lifelong Democtats like my father-in-law who "will never vote for a GD republican"
I am very happy that it's over and has appeared to have turned out as it has!  I'm just extremely disappointed in my fellow residents here   :(   :oops:

Deb

Offline IntrepidWizard

Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:16:15 AM »
No need to appoligize as Kalifornia is bent also.We better prepare for 2008 ,and pray and hope these kids 18-30 and females get it.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
Disappointed
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:46:39 AM »
Don't get on yourself, NY sucks too.
I guess once I take a look at the proportion of those living on the dole here, it is no wonder they wanted KKKerry in because he would have kept their lives simple.  A Dumbocrap thing you know.
I pay taxes through the nose to support these lazy, good for nothing, crack smoking, handout taking, baby making couch potatos.
I can barely afford to live here so they can get a rent check, food stamps,  and free medical services.
Something is so wrong with this.
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline akpls

• Contributor
Disappointed
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 05:20:59 AM »
I was born and raised in PA, but I don't think I could ever live there again.  How can a state with such on large number of hunters and gun owners ever vote for a gun grabber like Kerry?  Or Rendell for that matter!  When I was growing up there almost everyone I knew hunted or owned guns.  They were all hardworking, honest people who never asked for anything from the government other than to be left alone.  Has Philly and Pittsburgh really corrupted the whole place?  Or do the sheer numbers in those places outweigh the rest?  :cry:

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 05:27:09 AM »
Quote from: deb
I almost feel the need to apologize for the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  I feel embarrassed to reside here. Bush did take the "T" of the state (top tier and down the central part)  Kerry carried Filth-adelphia and Pitts-burgh, not surprising.
Too many uninformed, uneducated voters. Too many first time voting college kids, who have no idea what life is about, except partying. Who were led to believe that Iraq is the "wrong war at the wrong time", as the only issue. Too many hard core, lifelong Democtats like my father-in-law who "will never vote for a GD republican"
I am very happy that it's over and has appeared to have turned out as it has!  I'm just extremely disappointed in my fellow residents here   :(   :oops:

Deb

Don't beat yourself up; here on the LEFT COAST (Cal, WA, Or) they went for Scerry too. I'm just thankful that Bush won! Hang in there girl!!!!! :D

Offline Dali Llama

Disappointed
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 08:30:30 AM »
Quote from: RIFLERANGER
Don't get on yourself, NY sucks too.
Yeah, you guys even reelected gun grabber Chuckie to another term!! :twisted:  :P  :evil:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline HARDCORE

Disappointed
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 10:21:26 AM »
What really kills me about NY is that the majority in NYC forgot too soon that their city was attacked on 9/11.  And that G.W. sent the boys over to get some pay back in the Terrorist's own back yard, and that they have been on the run ever since.  He also did alot for that city in the days following the attack.  I belive that if Kerry was in office he probably would of  sent some planes over to take out some unoccupied terrorist camps just to save face. Than say, thats all the pay back we is willing to give and hope that they will leave us alone.  
          And please dont get me going on Chuckie.  LOL  

HARDCORE

Offline tucoblue

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Disappointed
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 10:41:37 AM »
Between California, massachusetts, Oregon and New Jersey I don't know who is the most nuts. Where ever I go I have to apologize when I tell folks I'm from New Jersey. At least the county I live in went Republican, as it usually does.

Offline NYH1

Disappointed
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 10:56:23 AM »
Quote from: HARDCORE
What really kills me about NY is that the majority in NYC forgot too soon that their city was attacked on 9/11.  And that G.W. sent the boys over to get some pay back in the Terrorist's own back yard, and that they have been on the run ever since.  He also did alot for that city in the days following the attack.  I belive that if Kerry was in office he probably would of  sent some planes over to take out some unoccupied terrorist camps just to save face. Than say, thats all the pay back we is willing to give and hope that they will leave us alone.

HARDCORE, sometimes you just can't figure people out! :shock: Bush went to "ground zereo" ASAP. The firefighter's union in NYC even endorced Bush. I'm a union person myself, but I gotta tell ya, not that it's anyones business, but I voted Republican acrossed the board this year. I'm not a Republican or a democrat, I'm not registerd in any party at all for that matter. I just don't know how someone would want to make a change with everything thats going on right now, I really don't!  

Quote from: HARDCORE
And please dont get me going on Chuckie.  LOL  

HARDCORE

Tell me about it! :(
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline w30wcf

• Avid Poster
Disappointed
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 11:30:40 AM »
Deb,
I know what you mean. I am from PA as well.  

BUT, WE AND THE OTHERS FROM THE STATES THAT WENT TO KERRY DID ADD TO THE THE POPULAR VOTE which George won quite handily.

Please find comfort in that.

Sincerely,
w30wcf
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
Life Member NRA
.22 WCF, .30WCF, .44WCF cartridge historian

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Disappointed
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 12:09:08 PM »
When you look at the blue/red map...break it down to counties instead of states. By counties, it looks even MORE pathetic!
   Just a few small , densely populated, blue enclaves....
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline IntrepidWizard

Disappointed
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 12:26:25 PM »
Within about 75 miles of both coast lines are the majority of the Libs,and tinbetween most of the people are Conservatives or Republicans or thinking Demos.The party must see that it has to go back to the Liberman,Zell Miller demos to survive..
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

Disappointed
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
Within about 75 miles of both coast lines are the majority of the Libs,and tinbetween most of the people are Conservatives or Republicans or thinking Demos.
That be quite true, say Dali Llama. :D
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Gunsmoke

Disappointed
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 04:10:10 PM »
I guess it's a big city thing, my friend from Illinois tells me the state is conservative as a whole but that Chicago drags the rest of them down.
"Those that would trade liberty for security, deserve neither". Ben Franklin