Author Topic: Good Low Recoil Load for Tracker II 12ga  (Read 369 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Good Low Recoil Load for Tracker II 12ga
« on: November 06, 2004, 01:06:58 PM »
Went to the range (inlaws back yard) today to try out some new slugs in my Tracker II 12ga, the new  "Lightfield Lights".

I am happy to report that these were extremely accurate making one large cloverleaf at 50yds, using 1-4 power BSA Catseye scope, shooting from truck tailgate.

As the name implies, the recoil was extremely light as well. I have a Dead Mule in the stock, but the gun still weighs only 6.5lbs with scope. Regular Premium Ammo is brutal, but these Lightfield Lights are more on par with a muzzleloader. More of a soft push than big hit in the shoulder.

I will be going out again tomorrow to test long range capability, but according to their website, should be good for 100yds point blank range.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 01:34:12 PM »
Sounds like you have hit on a winning combination there HuntenNut, good luck tomorrow....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 11:36:19 AM »
Just confirmed the "long range" performance at 100yds. Shot was roughly dead on to point of aim. I say roughly because my groups opened up a bit at 100yds to about 2-3" from the bench. The gun was sighted in originally at 25yds 1.25" high, and then confirmed to be about 2.5" high at 50. Should be good for max point blank range just a tad past 100yds, just as their website indicates.

I can't  believe how flat this thing shoots, and with such little recoil--and these are big 1-1/4oz slugs, not whimpy little 45 caliber lightweights.

The holes in the targets were impressively larger than those from the Partition Golds being shot from my Ultra Slug. I am definitely carrying the Tracker 2 this year for opening day. Much lighter than the Ultra Slug, and just as accurate. The Ultra has a little more range with the PG's, but 100+ capability is more than enough.