Author Topic: secession reconsidered  (Read 448 times)

Offline unspellable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
secession reconsidered
« on: November 05, 2004, 08:20:31 AM »
Occasionally one hears talk about modern day secession.  But after looking at the county by county red & blue map it occurs to me that such talk is a bit misguided.

The way we should be looking at it is not secession, but rather boot the blue area out!

Offline Dali Llama

Re: secession reconsidered
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 08:25:31 AM »
Quote from: unspellable
Occasionally one hears talk about modern day secession.  But after looking at the county by county red & blue map it occurs to me that such talk is a bit misguided.

The way we should be looking at it is not secession, but rather boot the blue area out!
Dali Llama say problem be that some who live in "blue areas" (e.g., jh45gun) do not necessarily agree with dominant politics.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
secession reconsidered
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 09:07:51 AM »
Some liberal the day after the election made a comment about the South should secede from the Union. implying the southern folks with their pickup trucks with gun racks and Bibles are smart enough to vote for them and that we might as well be gone.
Once again they fail to understand true American conservatives. We do not seek asylum from the enemy, but rather we seek to engage them in our efforts to spread our values and increase our numbers. To divide into groups is a liberal trait . Division is  how they derive their power. It's also their down fall. Because they try to appease each divided group demands.
Liberal demands always require someone to give without getting any thing in return. Conservatives only demand that which they give, the ability to keep what they have worked for , morality and respect.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline jh45gun

secession reconsidered
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 09:45:53 AM »
Never been further south than Missouri ( Driving Truck) I tell you southern fellas I am glad you are a around! I like southern food styles, and your hunting and shooting heritage. I hear southern belles are nice :grin:  You have the opportunity to shoot hogs we don't unless one excapes the game farm it was on. The only thing I would not like is the hot weather and the snakes. But I suppose you get used to it. As far as the liberals go lets send them all packing to France! Our Deer are bigger though.  :grin:  8)  :grin:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Shorty

secession reconsidered
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 12:57:59 PM »
The South seems to be moving Northward!   :wink:
They're finally "getting it".   :roll: