Author Topic: Steiner bino's  (Read 518 times)

Offline shoot'n hogs

• Trade Count: (0)
Steiner bino's
« on: October 01, 2004, 08:02:18 AM »
Give me some thoughts.  Are they worth a dang?  I had a set of Nikon Action 10x50 and they worked great (esp. at night).  But now, they fog up as soon as I put them to my face.  I am looking for a similar size to a 10x50.

Offline jackfish

• Avid Poster
Steiner bino's
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 02:28:42 PM »
The Steiner Nighthunter XP 10x50mm is a good binoculars, if not a little heavy.  Sierra Trading Post has them right now for $699, but other online optics vendors also sell them for that much.  That would almost get you into Nikon Superior Es and there you are talking about one of the best views in optics.
You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
Steiners are awesome
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 07:14:45 PM »
I've had a pair of German Army issue 7x50 for years: rain, snow, 120 deg+ heat, many drops, and flying around a police car in chases...never a problem.  Go to www.samplelist.com and look at the refurbs........the agency I work for has purchased many Steiners over the years, and given the fact you are getting German glass at such a price you simply can't beat them.  The bigger objectives like my 7X50s or the Nighthunter 8X56s are awesome at night and in low light.........

RR

Offline sockeye3

Steiner bino's
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 07:56:36 PM »
I've used my 10x50 Steiner Nighthunters for the past 3 years.  They came with a very comfortable neoprene strap which really helps with the weight (their only weakness). These glasses are incredible in low-light situations.  I hunt wheat fields and river canyons of Eastern Washington as well as the densely forested and swampy Southwestern parts of the state.  Both areas require antlers having at least 3 points.  I used to carry a spotting scope and binoculars.  Now I don't.  I have found my Nighthunters to be my most valuable hunting tool.

Sockeye3

Offline sockeye3

Steiner bino's
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 06:57:16 PM »
Here is a great price on a pair of 10x50s.

http://www.samplelist.com/default.asp?prod_type=0&hide_sold=False

Sockeye3