Author Topic: pop-up blind question?  (Read 555 times)

Offline oktx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
pop-up blind question?
« on: November 10, 2004, 09:04:45 AM »
I have a outhouse blind by Armeristep.  Do you open all the windows at once or just the ones you want to see through?  I think a deer might have seen me sitting in mine, or did he not like the black hole?  Next question, do you leave your blinds up or do you take them down after every hunt and which would be better?  thanks, oktx

Offline SingleShotShorty

• Contributor
pop-up blind question?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:57:50 AM »
I have a couple of strongbuilt ground blinds that I have had up for over a month and between myself and three other guy's on my lease we have taken7 deer from it so far. In fact I had a big Doe one evening try to look in the blind window. They work great.
Old Age and Treachery Will Alway's Overcome
Youth and Skill.

Offline 7mm MAGNUM

pop-up blind question?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 08:48:25 AM »
The way I normally position my portable blind I always have at least 1 blind side, ... sometimes 2 of them. I don't even bother to open those windows.

I try to position the door opening side up close to a tree so I have a little back rest when sitting on my fold-up stool. By keeping your unused windows closed you accomplish 2 things.

One,.. your movements are concealed better from those windows not being opened,..& two it will help in keeping whatever scent you may be emitting lower by not allowing the wind to "blow through" the area you are sitting.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Shoot Straight & Stay Safe!   :D

Terry Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
Michigan Steelheaders Assn
MUCC
Michigan Bow Hunters Assn

Offline mountainview

• A Real Regular
pop-up blind question?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 06:57:33 AM »
Don't open all the windows at once or you'll silhouette yourself and make it easier for the deer to catch your movements. Try sitting in a corner so you'll be in the dark area (and harder to observe movement from oustide) while being able to look in the directions you want to observe. Such blinds are very useful and have worked well for me.

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
pop-up blind question?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 07:20:21 AM »
I would suggest you take a look at your blind from a distance. Do you see two black eyes staring back at you? That is what a deer sees also. And they will be very nervous and jumpy.  You can solve that problem by breaking up the outline of the windows with brush or such. Funny tho, it does not seem to bother a turkey at all. :grin: