Author Topic: French loose their own bombs  (Read 914 times)

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
French loose their own bombs
« on: December 05, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »
The french dont need any help from the terriosts, they seem to be doing a better job by them selve

PARIS - French police on Sunday ended their practice of hiding plastic explosives in air passengers' luggage to train bomb-sniffing dogs after one such bag got lost, possibly ending up on a flight out of Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport.

The luggage that police used Friday for the exercise has not turned up yet. Three flights that arrived in Los Angeles and New York were searched, but the luggage in question was not found.

No passenger has contacted French authorities to report discovering a bag with nearly 5 ounces of explosives tucked into his or her suitcase.

Police say there was no chance the explosives could go off since they were not connected to detonators. Still, Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin was critical of the mistake.

"The fight against terrorism and insecurity is a priority for the government," a statement by his office said. "But (Raffarin) made clear his concern in the face of the way the training for explosives searches was conducted at Roissy Charles de Gaulle."

Raffarin said the procedure was "susceptible to making the relevant passenger run a risk in the eyes of foreign authorities when arriving in the destination country."

Police soon after announced they had ordered a stop.

"The procedures that were used Friday night will no longer be allowed," said Pierre Bouquin, a spokesman for France's police force, known as gendarmes, who conducted the training. "We're going to stop practicing this on the bags of travelers" in all of France, he said.

Airport police deliberately placed the plastic explosives into a passenger's luggage early Friday evening, Bouquin said. The luggage was lost on a conveyor belt carrying bags through a restricted area from check-in to planes.

The explosives could have made it onto one of up to 90 flights leaving Charles de Gaulle airport. Police did not know the bag's destination and quickly alerted the relevant airlines.

No one saw the bag go on a plane, but "there is a very strong chance that it left" on one, Bouquin said.

Two police officers faced disciplinary action because of the incident, Bouquin said.

Somebody is gonna get busted at some airport for haveing the stuff, and isant gonna have a clue where it came from.

Gun Runner

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: French loose their own bombs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 01:38:13 AM »
Quote from: Gun Runner
Somebody is gonna get busted at some airport for haveing the stuff, and isant gonna have a clue where it came from.

:twisted:  :x  :evil:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:26:59 AM »
Come on guys lighten up. This is the French we're talking about here. Would you HONESTLY expect them to have done it any better? They ain't got enough sense to do better. They shouldn't even be allowed to have explosives in that country. Kinda like the little kid who's parents were afraid he'd shoot his eye out if he got a bb gun. Give those French a gun and that's what they might do, shoot their eye out with it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 07:46:59 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Come on guys lighten up. This is the French we're talking about here. Would you HONESTLY expect them to have done it any better?
Not really, say Dali Llama... but it do be enjoyable to make fun of 'em!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline timbertoes

• http://www.texoma.net/~goonair
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 10:55:42 AM »
Remember the TWA? Flight that went down over new york some years back?

the one that people said a missle was fired at it?

ok.

well a few weeks or so after the tragedy, the Dallas Morning News had a small article in the middle/back of the main section.

It seems that, that same airplane had recently been used in the same manner, that law enforcement had planted explosives in the plane for Training.

funny, how that bit of news came and went and never re-appeared.

no not funny at all, because I think it lead to the truth. there were explosives left on it.  Thats what I think.

yea, you want real info you gotta look farther back.  Like the news about the nuclear fuel we shipped to France not so long ago.
and funny, how France had some nuclear materials to then send somewhere else, recently (though I forget the story)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 12:41:48 PM »
but it do be enjoyable to make fun of 'em!!

Ain't that the truth.  :eek:  I can't think of much else the French are good for. There's bound to be something, I just can't think of it at this moment.  :)

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 01:06:39 PM »
I just thought of something the FRENCH are good for, it's, uhhhh, hmmmm, errrrr, well, never mind. POWDERMAN.  :-D  :-D  :D  :D  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 01:48:57 PM »
Quote from: powderman
I just thought of something the FRENCH are good for, it's, uhhhh, hmmmm, errrrr, well, never mind. POWDERMAN.  :-D  :-D  :D  :D  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Was nothing the word you were looking for Powderman?   :-D
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 01:49:10 PM »
Quote from: powderman

AMEN... :)    :-D    :)     :D
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 02:52:11 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
but it do be enjoyable to make fun of 'em!!

Ain't that the truth.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline jgalar

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 01:45:53 AM »
I guess they have found out that French Poodles don't make good bomb sniffers :grin:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 01:59:04 AM »
Quote from: jgalar
I guess they have found out that French Poodles don't make good bomb sniffers :grin:
:)  :-D

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 08:51:13 AM »
Quote from: TM7
Maybe somebody with one of the stolen Canadian airport security badges and uniforms will find these lost french bombs....???  
:)  :lol:  :-D

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 01:16:24 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Maybe somebody with one of the stolen Canadian airport security badges and uniforms will find these lost french bombs....???  
:)  :lol:  :-D

Kinda funny and not so funny at the same time....ain't it!? :D  :(

...................TM7
Yes, say Dali Llama...