Author Topic: Treestand Umbrella Tip  (Read 613 times)

Offline Dave1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Treestand Umbrella Tip
« on: October 26, 2004, 01:39:34 AM »
Long time ago there used to be a company that sold treestand hunting umbrellas in dark camo pattern.  Essentially they were just regular umbrellas with one rib missing and were sold with a bungee cord that you wrapped around the tree and over the umbrella handle and could be set up quickly and easily.  I bought those from Wing Supply but eventually they quit selling them.

The newer umbrellas are a different brand and are the ones that you have to screw a mount into the tree then attach the umbrella on that mount.  I have one of these and it works OK but is small and I prefer the other set up better.

Buy a large golf style of umbrella in your favorite color combination, remove one rib so the umbrella can be placed tight against the tree, wrap and hook bungee cord around the tree and handle, and you are set.  One of these in a camo color can double as a ground blind in a pinch also.  Just set it up, lay on the ground, and get behind it.  To carry I slide it under my belt on back side or just leave it in the stand for the next hunt.

Hope this helps.

Dave1

Offline huntsman

• A Real Regular
Treestand Umbrella Tip
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 03:01:31 AM »
What do you do about the shiny silver support pole and rib braces? I wouldn't want that shiny metal in my stand.
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Treestand Umbrella Tip
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 09:13:31 AM »
The newest of the Magnum Portaroof umbrellas is even larger than the golf umbrellas. The old ones have worked well for me for many years but I now have the newer bigger one for this season.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
Treestand Umbrella Tip
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 12:37:58 AM »
Before I moved to NC, I used the portabrella alot in Tn. I even used it when the sun was shining. I screwed into the tree not to far above my head. Blocks the sun and also hides your head movement.Also I think it helps to keep the moisture from thesky from getting on your head , thus making your head from getting cold. It worked for me in TN.
                                                                          tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly