Author Topic: Veterans Day Buck(with pic)  (Read 617 times)

Offline MLRowland

• Trade Count: (0)
Veterans Day Buck(with pic)
« on: November 14, 2004, 11:50:35 AM »
I got to my South Carolina hunting club about 8:00 a.m.On November 11 2004.I had to take my 4 year to day care.I live about an hour from where the hunt.It is in Chester S.C.The story is short and sweet.I got ready at the truck and went to a stand close to the truck down on the edge of thicket and oak stand.My hunting buddy told my to go there if I got there late.I got in to the stand and got ready.Put my saftey harness on.It was 8:30 a.m.when I got settled in for the hunt.I took my Primos can and made three doe bleats,then two buck grunts with Away inhale caller.Two minutes later I hear a deer coming up the edge of the ticket.I could see that it was buck so I got ready.He came in to twenty yards.He then came right in front of me and then turned to my left for a perfect ten yard shot.He dropped right where I shot him.I took the buck with my Browning BAR 270 Cal rifle.I took the deer at 8:36 a.m.What a great Veterans Day!

Offline Braz475

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 03:13:48 PM »
congrats on the nice buck! :toast:

Offline toecutter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 03:43:57 PM »
You can't beat calling In your trophy and then making a good (albeit  short) shot. Congratulations!!

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 03:57:54 PM »
I wish the people where I hunt would let me shoot a buck that size  :cry:

They bought the land about 5 yaers ago, and b/f they go it, the people killed everything that moved.......so we have been on a very strict managment program....we have only killed 2 bucks in 5 YEARS!!

Even worse.....if you shoot a buck, then you have to mount it...... :cry:  :cry:

I havent killed a buck yet, but the does are everywhere, so I get to shoot alot of them (5 last year) :lol:

They are really strict though......i wish they would just let me shoot a normal buck......for us it has to be AT LEAST 15 or 16 inch INSIDE spread, and at LEAST 8 points (no matter how wide, just has to have 8 points or more)......that kinda limits what I can shoot, and plus $300+ for a mount doesnt sound too good to me, since ill be paying, not my p'rants.....

For me to shoot a Buck it will have to be at least 145 class.....I would really like it to be at least 160-170........if im going to spend my money, might as well make it a giant!!

Congrats on the buck.......hopefully my managment rules will lesson, and ill be able to take a nice 100-120 class buck!! (I saw 3 last year that were probably 120-130, and maybe big enough, but they didnt stay around for very long!! :cry:  :lol:

Good luck with the rest of the year!!
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline MLRowland

Size limit
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 12:11:35 AM »
Our club has been aroung for 35 years.We do not have any size limits.If it is a big buck that is fine.We to evrone to shot the does too.We are meat hunters.I shoot one or two deer a year and I happy.

Offline hillbill

rowlands buck
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 07:25:22 AM »
great shot and great deer!!!