Author Topic: Versa Pack question..  (Read 673 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
Versa Pack question..
« on: November 16, 2004, 09:22:42 AM »
(Also putting this on the NEF rimfire forum - 'cuz its both!) I just purchased (but have not yet received) a Versa Pack 22/410 combo. I seem to recall reading something here on GB in the recent past about someone putting a 20 ga barrel on this little gun.

I sent an email to the factory about being able to do that, and this is what they replied: "Sorry there are no barrels availanble for that model, it is a model all by itself because of the combo rim fire and center fire on the same frame..?"

Now that doesn't actually make complete sense to me because of that last part "rimfire and centerfire on the same frame".. Sounds more like it is possible to put on a 20 ga barrel... and because I suspect there are imaginative and adaptive folks on this forum I want to get some opinions/info/experiences from anyone willing to share.

Feel free to contact me by PM or email -kandk(at)dashoflife(dot)com if you would rather.

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Versa Pack question..
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:54:51 AM »
The chamber of the .22 barrel is off set so that it can be hit by the firing pin which is centered on the breech face. I dont know if you can fit a 20 barrel on it or not but I'll try it the next time I see my Dad as I bought him this combo as a birthday present. Just curious what did you get it for?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
Versa Pack question..
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »
Markus, thanks... I'd appreciate the info. I won't see mine for at least another week. I got $125 in it.

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Markus

• Moderators
Versa Pack question..
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 10:15:51 AM »
That's a lower than wal mart price! where did you get it? I was curious as to what you were going to use it for.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
Versa Pack question..
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 11:49:58 AM »
You certainly are a curious fellow Markus... so many questions - but here are my answers.

I bought it privately. It IS lower than WalMart, that's one of the reasons I bought it. I don't know what I am gonna use it for -what does one use guns for anyway?? :wink: I have a 10 yr old son who might enjoy it (He has a .22 Youth Sportster already) or I might put an adult stock on it and use it myself. Wanna know if a 20 ga barrel will fit cause I would rather have that than a 410... though I did used to hunt ducks (sucessfully) with a 410 when I was a kid in the 60's.. buty my eyesight and reflexes were bettet back then... oh well.. I'll think about it...

:idea: Maybe I could sleeve some kind of centerfire cartridge barrel (32 H&R mag, 38/357) inside the 410 barrel and have another rifle barrel, probably not but hey, its a thought.

Truthfully, I bought it simply because I can (same reason politicians make laws) and I'll use it for... whatever.

And if for whatever reason I don't find it fun or I lose interest, I will just sell or trade it.

What would you use one for?

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Versa Pack question..
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 01:38:15 PM »
I'ld teach my little girl how to shoot and take her squirrel hunting with it. :)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Markus

• Moderators
Versa Pack question..
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 02:33:45 PM »
I was just curious. Other than teaching a kid to shoot I can't think of much real use for it for me. I would have never thought of getting one but my Dad saw it in a catalog and wanted it for some reason so I got it for his 68th birthday. He hasn't been hunting for years but this little gun has him out shooting every now and again. It was worth the price for me just to make an old man light up like a boy with his first gun again. I'll inherit it some day and passit on to my son. Cute little combo.