Author Topic: Is the CHL good from State to State?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline sethroe

• Trade Count: (0)
Is the CHL good from State to State?
« on: December 10, 2002, 05:23:08 AM »
I live in Texas and I have been thinking about getting a Concealed handgun Liscence. I am going to drive to Arkansas to meet a buddy.
If I have my CHL in Texas, I can cross the state lines with no problem right?

Thanks......
Sethroe.

Offline jhm

chl ar to tx
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 05:32:08 AM »
Ar recognizes tx chl :D   JIM

Offline jhm

sethroe
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 05:41:16 AM »
I guess I should have included this E address it has some info requarding what states you can and cannot carry in, www.packing.org :D   JIM

Offline sethroe

Re: sethroe
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 07:59:12 AM »
Quote from: jhm
I guess I should have included this E address it has some info requarding what states you can and cannot carry in, www.packing.org :D   JIM

Thanks buddy!!! Your Awesome!!!!
You guys so helpful!!!

sethroe

Offline Beetle

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 05:21:57 AM »
Some states have "reciprocity agreements" with other states concerning concealed carry.  My information says that if you travel into a state that has a reciprocity agreement with your state, you must stop at a Sheriff's office or Police Station to get a permit for the state you are entering.
The thing is, not all states have these agreements with other states.  It's up to you to find out who does and who dosen't.  I live in Colorado, and from what I can tell, we don't have an agreement with any other state at all.  Which means I can't carry into any other state and someone from any other state can't carry into Colo.  Kinda sucks don't it?
www.packing.org will have some good info for you  -  Beetle

Offline Hud

• Avid Poster
    • http://photos.yahoo.com/stevehud58
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 04:58:58 PM »
I have a Minnesota and a Florida permit. This allows me to carry in 20 states (Vermont is a freebe). There are also atleast 10 other states that allow a loaded handgun in the vehicle if it is not concealed, no permit needed.

I took a one page map of the USA, out of an Atlas, and colored in blue all the states I could carry in. Then I colored in yellow all the states I could transport a loaded handgun in.  I will mark across the name of the other states I could get a permit in in another color. I'll color in the whole state in the appropriate color as their status changes.

This gives me a visual perspective of how they all lay out. I can see where I will travel on trips & vacations and what routes to take.

Hud
"Friend, I would not hurt thee for the world; but you are standing where I am about to shoot."

I AM THE NRA...........Life Member.