Author Topic: where to set up part 2  (Read 473 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
where to set up part 2
« on: November 20, 2004, 01:23:51 PM »
i found about 5 heavily used trails going into the field. the trails go through the thickest brush and swampiest ground. i find lots of trails but not a whole lot of droppings, do they do there private time where they eat or do they do it after they wake up in the afternoon??. i don't think they'r bedding down in the 80 acres but it looks like the use it to get to and from the fields, is this good?? i've heard that you should set up between bedding and feeding areas, so woulda stand about 40 yds from the heavy trails and 50 yds in from the field be good?? THANKS FOR ALL info!!!!
later :P
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
where to set up part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 12:48:19 AM »
If you can pick a hole through the limbs to shoot, that should be ok. Personally, I would go into the woods farther than 50 yards and maybe even 100. It sounds like you might have a traffic spot but the activity might be well after dark. Who knows when they have to take a dump? I never followed that activity. I guess it's like any other animal. When ya gotta go, it's that simple!! Again, good luck.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
where to set up part 2
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 07:08:11 AM »
thank ya!!!!!!!!!!! :P
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline THE#1hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
where to set up part 2
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 02:19:18 PM »
Where ever you feel the most comfortable with the best shooting lanes, and that is the spot you want, you don't want to be burdened with having to wait for the deer to walk past a hole in between limbs, it would be alot easier in a more open area...I think you would be fine 40 and 50 like you said(closer or farther depending on the situation)..just my  :money:

Good luck & God bless  :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline riddleofsteel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
where to set up part 2
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 06:10:58 PM »
Most deer crap when they stop. If you follow a well used trail you find deer pellets at areas where deer pause while walking to browse or to just look around. A good indication that a trail is really well used is droppings of various ages from steaming fresh to decomposed. An area of many droppings may be where a deer may pause and give you a decent shot provided they are not disturbed.
...for him there was always the discipline of steel.

They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
Song of Solomon 3:8