Author Topic: Got another  (Read 565 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Got another
« on: November 21, 2004, 12:33:04 AM »
Well shot a nice doe this afternoon ( Sat) with my Encore 309 pistol again using the cast bullets. Only these I had flattened the tips to a flat point instread of the round nose configuration I had shot my buck with. I shot offhand at it for the lack of a rest and shot for the shoulder but hit high in the neck. I did not see this entrance wound at first as I was looking for it in the shoulder and did not see a wound there so I wondered where I hit it. I suppose I pulled the shot high. Deer went 30 yards and dropped. I gave it to my buddy to tag which is legal in WI if you are hunting together and within shouting distance. Since I have two deer in the freezer already I wanted to help him get a deer. The funny thing about it is he gutted it out and we found that one lung and the top of the heart was blown out. This evidence still made me look at the shoulder for where the hit was until I seen the neck wound. I can only guess the bullet hit the spine and either fragmented and hit the lung and heart or a part of the bone did it. I am guessing on the bone. Another weird thing is that if I hit some bone in the neck the deer did not drop on the spot like they normally do.  I never had that happen before but it was double trouble for the deer as I figure the neck shot also hit some major arteries as It bled like crazy for the 30 yards it did go. This makes No 4 with the Encore and the second with a cast bullet in 30 cal.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Got another
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 06:23:27 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Well shot a nice doe this afternoon ( Sat) with my Encore 309 pistol again using the cast bullets.  

Dali Llama again send congrats to Honorable jh45gun for yet another successful hunt! :grin:  :grin:  :D
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline magooch

Got another
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 06:48:57 AM »
What Dali said.  Leave some for the rest of the guys though, Jim.
Swingem

Offline jh45gun

Got another
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 07:58:23 AM »
Quote from: magooch

I like Venison.  :grin: WI has a 1.4 million size deer herd this year so I suppose there is some for the rest of the guys.  :grin: Thanks for the congrats Dali and magooch!  :-)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Got another
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 02:08:05 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Quote from: magooch

I like Venison.  
Dali Llama say he fortunately able to partake of some venison jerky that a friend give him recently, and it be delicious. :grin:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline NYH1

Got another
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 03:15:16 PM »
Good job Jim! :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"