Author Topic: 5 deer hunters killed in WI.  (Read 505 times)

Offline IATRKYHNTR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
5 deer hunters killed in WI.
« on: November 21, 2004, 04:36:20 PM »
I just read this story, and I had to post it.... This is truly sad... My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/277439.asp?source=tmj4
The west wasn't won with a registered gun!!

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 12:53:43 PM »
This is a tragedy for the victims and their families and for all hunters/shooters everywhere.  The first two men that confronted the suspect, Chai Vang, forgot they were confronting an armed stranger.  As a property owner I have had armed strangers(trespassers - either hunters or marijuana growers scouting new areas for planting their crops) on my property and you NEVER confront these people unless there is no other way.  The thing to do is report them to the authorities and let the law deal with them.  Marijuana growers are the worst of all as they shoot first and don’t ask questions.  The worst part of this happening is it will most likely cause another Assault Weapons Ban to be introduced into Congress(Vang was using an SKS for hunting).  The P.E.T.A. and anti-gun nut types are going to have a field day with this as the media is already doing so.  Lawdog
 :(
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 03:23:14 PM »
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47000

the problem is that this has been going on for years and law enforcement has basically ignored it for whatever reason.   i hate to say it but it was going to happen sooner or later.    
   you are right,  in that now everyone is going to be real jumpy for a while and more incidents are likely to occur.

Offline cfmpilot

• Trade Count: (0)
Wisconsin event
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 05:15:58 AM »
Yeh, this could have serious consequences for hunting and guns in general. I would like to know how a guy that took the time to buy a hunting license and the legally required clothing could go from zero to mass murderer in less than a minute. Amazing! The fact that he was using an SKS does not surprize me at all. Many times I have seen a guy shooting an SKS at one of the local ranges here in Arizona preparing for a deer hunt. I guess it has something to do with finances.