Author Topic: Solunar Tables, Moon Phase, etc...  (Read 424 times)

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
Solunar Tables, Moon Phase, etc...
« on: December 11, 2004, 09:44:15 AM »
Do any of you people take stock in those things? I see a lot written about when the best time to hunt is and so forth. I know that the best time to hunt is when you can go but I wonder if there is any truth to these things.

I'd like to solicit some opinions, thank you.

Offline safetysheriff

• Trade Count: (0)
Solunar Tables, Moon Phase, etc...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 02:34:10 AM »
I'd think that the tables are good as far as the moon phase is considered.    BUT, you've got to factor in both wind velocity which can spoooooook  :eek: the deer, and wind direction when picking which stand you'll hunt from.  

We absolutely have to control our scent in stand hunting is what I'm obviously saying, hunting with our face into -- or at least quartering -- the wind, even from a tree stand.    And when the wind spooks the deer, you'll have to set up close to their bedding area to get a shot at all.....since they'll oftentimes lie low during a bad wind.   Sure, they've got to feed sooner or later during badly windy days, and days when it's raining.    But how far will they go if they're not in the rut?  :(

I see the tables as a small piece of the puzzle in deer hunting and don't worry about them myself, though a couple of my friends say that the moon phase definitely matters.

Good hunting,

SS'
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.