Author Topic: TRAVEL PLANS  (Read 745 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
TRAVEL PLANS
« on: December 02, 2004, 02:17:55 AM »
Tha Hen and I were discussing her retirement this A.M. and are considering a road trip up NEW ENGLAND way this summer. She will not agree to driving to Alaska--crazy ol woman that she is.
Maine, New Hampshire, up state New York, ect. are where we are talking about. I have been given the duties of planning a route.
It will be tha Hen, me and a small poodle, "Rudy". On other trips we have had good success being able to stay in motel 6's which allow pets.
You folks give me some advice, even a routing if your a mind too. Just keep me outa the cities, Texans are crazy drivers, see all post on Hamp and his experiences, an not appreciated in sum of these more refined towns.
Help is expected all thru these parts.
I like driving and seeing the country and stopping at places with some historical interest. Tha Hen would like to see some sights but walking is getting to be a problem for her so hiking up a mountain might not be a good choice.
Thanx fer tha advice and
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Matt in AK

• Contributor
Drop on in...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 12:36:44 PM »
My wife won't won't drive back to Alaska either, dang it :wink:

If you pass through Virginia we've got a guest room and home cooked meals for you and the missus.  I'll be sure to stock up on the whiskey and put some fresh seafood in the ice box.

We live in Stafford, VA.  My only advice would be to avoid anything with two hours of DC from 0400-1000 and 1500-1930.  Traffic jams can be bad.
Isaiah 6:8

Offline williamlayton

TRAVEL PLANS
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:22:45 AM »
I'm sittin here lookin at this Atlas of mine an thinkin I will by-pass the right coast, head up north an cut across. Thinkin of goin thru W. Virginia, up and over to NY state and across.
I'm thinking about Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and upstate New York. Figger I can get to NY in 3 pretty easy days, tha dog and my wife need some regular stops.
My ancetry goes back to upstate NY around a place called Budda, Bruha, depending on the source.
I am now trying to decide wheather to see the coast of Maine or stick to the mountains and Western part of the state.
Vermont and New Hampshire are a mystery to me, so I am at a loss where to start there.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Matt in AK

• Contributor
Smart
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 01:38:13 PM »
Dang it.  Appears you're a smart fella.  Skippin' the People's Republic of DC and New York City both.
Isaiah 6:8

Offline williamlayton

TRAVEL PLANS
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 10:51:05 PM »
YUP! Live in a city, know what them buildings and concrete look like. Nothing exciting. Looks like I'm gonna have to take BF a jug of taquila on tha way.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD