Author Topic: Boresighter  (Read 491 times)

Offline kinger

• Trade Count: (0)
Boresighter
« on: November 30, 2004, 04:53:23 AM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right category for this question, but I'm guessing so...

What boresighter would you recommend? Laser/optical? I cannot afford the breech loading lasers in single calibers. I need a kit that covers .22 to .50.

Thanks,

Pete

Offline savageT

Boresighter
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 05:08:52 AM »
kinger,
There's a number of bore-sighters on the market that are pretty affordable.  I ended up with the magnetic Leopold model that clamps to the muzzle.  The bore-arbor types are also quite good.
You didn't mention what kind of rifle you want to boresight so I'll throw this out for what it's worth.  If you have a bolt-action all you'll need to do is remove the bolt, set the gun in a good steady rest, sight through the bore with your eye on a distant point and align the scope to the same point.  That's about all any bore-sighter will give you as well.
Don't buy into the false claims you can depend on bore-sighters to truely sight-in your rifle.  After bore-sighting, start in at 25 yds. to get on paper initally then once you have that zeroed in move out to 100 yds for final tweaking.

Jim
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline coyote 2

• Avid Poster
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/schwager/
Boresighter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 05:28:35 AM »
I ended up with the magnetic Leopold model that clamps to the muzzle.

I have the same one and what is nice about it - you can use it on any and all weapons. It also actually holds onto the barrel by magnets.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/LEU53500/leupold_magnetic_bore_sighter.htm
Don't cry because its over - Smile because it happened!