Author Topic: Vang's Motive???  (Read 635 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Vang's Motive???
« on: December 01, 2004, 05:48:29 PM »
Vang's Motive?
Last update: December 1, 2004 at 9:42 PM
There was a Wisconsin warrant for Vang
Larry Oakes and Chuck Haga,  Star Tribune
December 2, 2004 HUNTERS1202.VANG

When Chai Soua Vang allegedly opened fire on hunters who confronted him about trespassing near Rice Lake, Wis., another Wisconsin county had a warrant for his arrest for trespassing while hunting in 2002 and failing to pay the fine.

That outstanding warrant from Green Lake County means that Vang, charged with killing six hunters and trying to kill two others Nov. 21 in Sawyer County, may have known he stood to be arrested if the hunters who confronted him that day called the sheriff's office.

A survivor said landowner Robert Crotteau yelled to Vang that he planned to report him as Vang walked away, and they wrote down the hunting license number pinned to the back of his coat.

The shooting started seconds later. Though Vang said they shot first, survivors dispute that.

Jamie OwensMarlin LevisonStar Tribune"We have a bench warrant out for his failure to appear," Green County District Attorney James Camp said Wednesday. "If he had been stopped up there and they ran a records check, they could have arrested him and forced him to either pay the fine or take a ride to our county [jail].

"I can't imagine anybody killing anybody because of this, but stranger things have happened."

According to records in Green Lake County, southwest of Oshkosh, Vang and companion Ber Xiong were hunting deer during a special season in April 2002 when a deputy ticketed them for trespassing on a gravel company's land.

The two told the deputy they had shot at a deer and chased it from adjacent land where they had permission to hunt.

"Both parties admitted that they knew that this was not the proper procedure," deputy Thomas Guell said in his report.

Vang was fined $244, court records show, but he didn't pay the fine. He also failed to appear in court to contest the charge, as required if the fine is not paid. In October 2002 a judge issued a warrant for his arrest.

Camp said Vang's name rang a bell when he heard about the Sawyer County killings last week, and he pulled the records.

In Minnesota's Kanabec County, where Vang bought 40 acres of land last year for hunting, Vang or a member of his hunting party was ordered off a neighbor's land on Nov. 6 this year, opening day of Minnesota's deer hunting season.

"We kicked one guy off three times," said Jamie Owens, 22. "He came over the fence and onto our land, and my dad pointed and he got back over. But he did it three times."

Owens said that neither he nor his father ever spoke with Vang and could not say whether he was the man who was told to leave their property.

He said that more than a dozen Hmong hunters used the Vang land. The property includes a house but is mostly a thicket of oaks, poplars and birch.

"I'd see three or four vehicles go by, on their way to hunt state land, all the time," Owens said.

Vang bought the 40 acres in October 2003 on a contract for deed for $176,000, with a down payment of $5,000 and payments of $1,260. It is not clear whether others helped him with payments.

According to Kanabec County records, Deu Lee Khang, who lives at the same St. Paul address as Vang and has described herself as his "cultural wife," bought two small properties adjoining Vang's land on Nov. 15, 2004, for $14,000 and $13,600.

The Vang property has not been searched, Kanabec County Sheriff Steve Schulz said. Vang has never been cited for trespassing or any other crime in the county, Schulz said.

The writers are at statenews@startribune.com.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5115020.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Vang's Motive???
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 01:49:55 AM »
Quote from: quickdtoo
Deu Lee Khang has described herself as his "cultural wife"
Do that be somewhat analogous to "branch kin," ask Dali Llama??? :?  :lol:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

Vang's Motive???
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 08:32:33 AM »
Vang's motive I think is that he is a killer and got a kick out of shooting folks. I bet they will be able to link that other WI killing to him and who knows what else? Saying your not dead yet and shooting folks in the back just tells me he has done this before and God knows how many times? THE Sheriff said Vangs Demenor was scary as calm as could be. That tells me he has no remorse for killing.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Vang's Motive???
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 09:45:30 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
he has no remorse for killing.
:twisted:  :x  :evil:

Offline powderman

Vang's Motive???
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 05:00:22 PM »
Vang sounds like he's been an accident waiting to happen for a long time. I too have had to ask, even insist, that intruders leave my property, but I NEVER went unarmed, and I acted as politely as the circumstances allowed.  POWDERMAN.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

Vang's Motive???
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 05:09:20 AM »
Quote from: powderman
I too have had to ask, even insist, that intruders leave my property, but I NEVER went unarmed
Dali Llama say that be very wise of powderman. :-)