Author Topic: 32 cal handgun  (Read 694 times)

Offline colorado kid

• Trade Count: (0)
32 cal handgun
« on: November 29, 2004, 04:03:04 AM »
Good morning

I need some help. I recently bought a 32cal Traditions handgun. I bought this gun at a gun show here in Salt Lake City. I need some info on loades to use. And where I can get a cleaning rod for this gun. When I bought this gun it came with no ram rod. thanks :D
8)  :sniper:

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
.32 cal handgun
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 07:00:27 AM »
Hello Colorado, I am presuming you bought either a 1848 Baby Dragoon, or a 1849 Wells Fargo pocket revolver. Believe it or not, to load it, you take the barrel and cylinder off the gun, set the cylinder nipples down, chambers up on a solid surface like a table. put in your powder charges, add your over the powder wads(if you use them) set the balls on top of the chambers, then use the cylider pin in the frame of the gun to force the balls down on the powder, fill the top of the chambers with Bore Butter or Crisco to avoid multiple discharge, put the cylinder and barrel back on the gun. put caps on the nipples, and your ready to shoot. To clean mine, I use a .22 size cleaning rod and a .30 caliber bore mop with a patch wrapped around it, to clean with hot soapy water. You needn't worry about a brush, because the velocity is so low in black powder revolvers, that leading is not a problem. cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline jgalar

32 cal handgun
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 07:38:47 AM »
Is it a revolver or the crockett pistol - a single shot?

Offline colorado kid

32 cal handgun
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:55:37 AM »
hi  again

sorry guys the pistol I am talking about is a crocket style single shot plow handle.    Thanks Colorado Kid
8)  :sniper:

Offline jgalar

32 cal handgun
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 08:10:04 AM »
If you call or email Traditions they can send you the manual and the ramrod. Their load recommendations are:
.310 ball
.012-.015 patch
most accurate 10-12 grains of 3F
Max 20 grains of 3F

www.traditionsmuzzle.com