Author Topic: I think I've found a way.......  (Read 401 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
I think I've found a way.......
« on: December 06, 2004, 10:56:04 AM »
I went to BPS yesterday. My feet have been getting a little cold lately.  :cry:  Almost to the point of tears in my eyes .( no foolin')I picked up a pair of these artic shields to fit over my boots. I'm going to see if they work. I also picked up a pair of the battery operated socks. I'm giong to try the artic shields first. What are you all's opinions of this?
                                                                       tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline DWARREN123

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 04:23:23 AM »
You may want to see a doctor if it's only your feet getting so cold, may be symtoms of many things. Hope they work out for you.
Take care.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 08:25:53 AM »
A few thoughts. Are your boots tight or loose? Loose is warmer.
Are your feet overinsulated. If your feet are warm when you walk they will get damp and be cold when you stop. In my case more insulation is not neccessarily better. Polypropolyene can wick away some of the moisture but only to a point. My feet exceed that point. The items you got may work but I would suggest you leave the electric socks off while walking or untill your feet start to get cold. The shields are also a good idea as they are put on after you arrive at your stand and help hold heat rather than produce excess.
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 11:24:08 AM »
Another tip,  "if your feet are cold put your hat on"  A person loses lots of heat from their heads which effects the rest of the body.  

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.