Author Topic: Rem. Core-Lokt Ultra vs. Win. Partition Gold Sabots  (Read 704 times)

Offline Chainsaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Rem. Core-Lokt Ultra vs. Win. Partition Gold Sabots
« on: December 10, 2004, 11:18:14 AM »
My wife and I both hunt in the shotgun area of Wisconsin with our 20 ga. Rifled Barrel Trackers that wear low power variable scopes. Her Tracker shoots really well with Federal Hydra-Shok HP Magnum Sabot Slug, while the Win. Partition Gold is the best I have found in my Tracker.

She is set with hers as the recoil from the higher velocity loads from the Rem and Win above mentioned offerings is more than she would want to endure.

I have had great success with the Win Partition Gold, but have recently tried some Rem Core-lokt Ultras. (but haven't hunted with them yet)The Rem offering shoots higher on the target than the Win, which I have sighted in 2" high @100yds. The killing power of the Win is also good as it dispatches a whitetail handily.

What if any are your experiences with the Remington Core-Lokt Ultra? I think that with the higher impact on the target, the Rems may possibly carry a greater distance than the Winchester Partition Golds. Any thoughts?

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Rem. Core-Lokt Ultra vs. Win. Partition Gol
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 01:01:49 PM »
I'm not sure about trajectories for slug guns but I am curious about the way yours is set up. If you have it 2" high at 100yds how high is it at 50 yds.

Offline Chainsaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Rem. Core-Lokt Ultra vs. Win. Partition Gol
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 01:11:54 PM »
Quote from: gwhilikerz
I'm not sure about trajectories for slug guns but I am curious about the way yours is set up. If you have it 2" high at 100yds how high is it at 50 yds.

I am not completely certain as I don't have the availability to shoot with a rest at 50 yards with my bunker set up the way it is now, but shooting off hand it appears to be about 1 1/4" high @50yds, 2" high @100yds and crosses center or point blank range at around 140yds. At 175 yards it appears to be around 5-7" low. Hope this helps. This data is wth the Win. Partition Gold Sabots