Author Topic: Got a problem, well maybe  (Read 553 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Got a problem, well maybe
« on: December 12, 2004, 11:48:55 PM »
I have a daughter that I have to pick up from N C State tomorrow. She told me she would like to go hunting while she is on CHRISTmas break.  :D
The only problem is I haven't had any luck at all with deer this year( man, this state sucks when it comes to deer hunting)I'm hoping she doesn't get to p@#$#@ with me when I tell her we'll go squirrel hunting. Don't get me wrong, I like to hunt period. :mrgreen: I do have a place that is full of squirrels. I like eating them too. She has a H/R 20 ga. full choke. It's been awhile since she has hunted at all. I just hope that she wasn't planning on deer hunting :x  She is the outdoors person of my 3. :toast:
                                                               tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 09:13:07 AM »
Tommy I'm sure she will be happy just hunting with you no matter the game. But if she wants to go deer hunting then take her deer hunting. It is hunting after all and not a quarantee that you will even see a deer.

Offline Ambushhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 10:20:46 AM »
He's right Tommy.  That's why they call it deer hunting, not deer killing!!!  The time you spend together is more important than the game you chase.
NJCSD, ANJRPC, NRA
http://www.njcsd.org/

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 11:35:33 AM »
go for it they grow up fast.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 11:49:33 AM »
Well, them growing up fast is no joke! Man, I wished I could have some of those years back, you know. Maybe she will want to go to the range too. I know one thing; she loves shooting my 45-70. :biggun:  She loves to shoot the big stuff I have. She told me that she has to shoot the sidekick :mrgreen: Almost makes tears come to this old man's eyes. I sure don't feel 51! Thanks guys :-D  :-D
                                                                  tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 12:40:46 PM »
Just get out there and spend some time in the woods. My one son is grown up and gone and the other is too young. Enjoy your hunting buddy.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 02:16:30 PM »
Markus is so right, they grow up so (to) fast and leave, enjoy them while you can, and as often as you can!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley