Author Topic: Killflash sunguard? & Leupold retractable ballistic char  (Read 492 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Killflash sunguard? & Leupold retractable ballistic char
« on: December 23, 2004, 02:56:54 PM »
I have a savage Model 10FP-LE2 – with AccuTrigger and a very nice Bushnell elite 3200 5-15x that I got from graybeard.

I want to put a set of Butler creek flip-open scope caps on it (they must be  butler creek).
 I found a listing for the killflash sunguard. it sits inside the flip-open scope caps and takes the place of a 7" tube shade and stops the glare from the scope glass.
This sunguard looks like a little disk made 1000's of holes in it kind of like a window screen. has anyone tried this or others like it? If so how well do they work?

I was also looking at the Leupold scopesmith retractable ballistic chart.
you fill in your own information for reminders.
THe price seams to be very high ($44.99) for what is a very small take measure attached to the scope

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
Killflash sunguard? & Leupold retractab
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 04:16:38 PM »
I  currently use and have used on several guns  i liked it was nice.  didnt  interfere at all! some low light issues but not much!  i have used them on binos too! for most shooting stay with the sunshade  it also reduces some barrel mirage heat . kool to have but  not needed if yah have a sunshade! my 300win mag has about 14 inches of shade on it

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Killflash sunguard? & Leupold retractab
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:24:12 PM »
This past summer i was getting some barrel heat mirage and it was hard to see the target at the higher X.
I do not like the look of  sunshields I got with the scope.