Author Topic: Called Hern's Iron Works today.  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Lee1966

• Trade Count: (0)
Called Hern's Iron Works today.
« on: December 20, 2004, 09:28:29 AM »
I had to get prices on there 1/2 scale Napoleon and Full scale MT.Howitzer.
They are about 3 weeks out on custom orders such as I am after.(barrels in the raw with NO paint on them.)

I told them about GBO.com and also let them know that there web site is not working. As I was talking to them they were starting to look into why there site was not up.
The guy I talked (Jole) to is going to check out GBO.com and get with the owner of Hern's Iron works and have him check out GBO.com also. Hopefully they will do a sponsor ship or a add on GBO.com.

http://www.hernironworks.com/cannons.html

If you have a order on file with Hern's Iron Works here is there phone number.
1-800-228-7794 order line only.

1-208-765-3115

1-208-664-8540 FAX line

I verified these numbers as working numbers, I used the 1-208-765-3115 to call.

If you have an order in for one of there barrels but not though them, check with the seller to see if your order has shipped out as of yet.
I myself will only order right from them (Hern's Iron Works) as they are about a 3.5 hour drive from me. I may be able to help someone if they are near S.E Washington state. I may be going to Hern's Iron Works in the next 3 to 7 weeks to do my order.

Hope this helps any one here with questions as to Hern's Iron Works.

If the email service is not working here I can be reached at my email addy, just send me a PM/IM though GBO and I will reply with my email addy for you should you have any questions for me or ideas.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Called Hern's Iron Works today.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 01:42:07 PM »
Quote from: Lee1966
....  I told them about GBO.com ....  The guy I talked (Jole) to is going to check out GBO.com and get with the owner of Hern's Iron works and have him check out GBO.com also. Hopefully they will do a sponsor ship or a add on GBO.com.....

Lee1966 -

THANKS a BUNCH!

This kind of support for GBO will go a loong way in building good relationships between ventors, advertizers, and our host.

We have great influence if we choose to use it.  This is an example of doing just that!  (Can you tell I have little tolerance for those that just whine?)

Again, GOOD JOB!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Lee1966

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 01:50:38 PM »
Cat Whisperer hay no problem. :grin:

I see my second call back to HIW to let them know there web site is still not up must have worked, as Jole was not happy with the host site builder.
Jole was told by there web site host it was to be back up today by 3pm PST and I called him back at 4:06pm PST.

There site is back up now. :grin:

Offline grape shot

hern back up
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
Glad you talked to them at Hern.  I see the site came back up this afternoon.

I ordered through another company.  I won't do that again.  Can't seem to get a ship date.  Of course he can't give me date until Hern gives it to him.

Offline Lee1966

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 02:41:25 PM »
grape shot, I think I would call the middle man and call off the order with them and call Hern's Iron Works and order right from them.
Call HIW in the am ask for Jole? Joel? not sure how to spell his name.
And do your order right there with them. It sound like they had most of there cannons in stock.
Just my $ .02

Offline Evil Dog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 02:21:15 AM »
When I ordered my half scale Napoleon, it was directly through Hern Iron Works... don't remember Joel's last name.  That particular barrel was definitely not in stock at the time though.... had to be cast.  I could be wrong, but I got the idea that they don't actually stock a lot of the barrels, instead will just have them made up as they are sold.  If planning on driving any distance to pick up a barrel, would make sure that it will actually be there first.
Evil Dog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote. - Benjamin Franklin (1759)