Author Topic: First Blood for Ultra 20  (Read 467 times)

Offline joe527

• Trade Count: (0)
First Blood for Ultra 20
« on: December 15, 2004, 01:20:55 PM »
I decided to hunt a natural funnel area between a soy bean field and bedding area this morning behind my house. I was hunting out of my tree lounge. It was cold, about 20degrees, so I figured the deer would be moving and feeding. I couple of small bucks came out of the thicket early and cruised through the planted pines toward the bean field and I let them go. It wasn't long before several does came through headed the same way and i let them slide also, I was still looking for that 130/140 class buck this morning. The woods were perfectly still, slightly overcast , an excellent morning. About 0800am I heard a gang of turkeys start flying down and it wasn't long before they also were in sight going for a soy bean breakfast. Things calmed down for a while after that until about 1030am when I saw some movement  in the thicket and spotted a decent 8pt buck. He was young and on the prowl for does, it didn't take long before he ran a nice big mature doe out into the pines about 50yards out. I put the Ultra deluxe 20ga. to my shoulder and settled the cross hairs of the nikon 2-7  just behind her front leg and sent a winchester BRI sabot slug toward that spot. All four feet came off the ground when it hit her and she headed back toward the thicket but she didn't make it more than 30yards before piling up.  The gun and slug combo did there job perfectly. This was a big doe and the 20 really piled her up. All good omens for my slugger, the first time I took her out i saw 3 bucks several does, a gang of turkeys and took a big old mature doe. Yes sir, I believe this 20ga. is going to be all right.

Offline jeff223

First Blood for Ultra 20
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 01:27:45 PM »
:toast:
i think the 20ga slugguns have killed more deer this year than any other.i mean here on the NEF shotgun and  NEF rifle forums

good job :D

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
First Blood for Ultra 20
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 01:44:52 PM »
Congratulations Joe!

The 20ga Ultra Slug Hunter is the best slug gun I have ever had the pleasure of shooting and I have owned a ton of other ones.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
First Blood for Ultra 20
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 03:37:39 PM »
Congrats  :D  :-D  :grin:  :)
from Tennessee---Paul