Author Topic: You have all heard about...  (Read 2043 times)

TM7

You have all heard about...
« on: December 08, 2004, 10:51:06 AM »
the very strange case of Mr. Scott Peterson. Its been on TV long enough and the talking heads have practically made careers on this sordid and unfortunate murder. Anybody have anything to add, did he do it, or was he convenient to convict? Did the system work?

...........TM7

Offline Major

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 11:06:23 AM »
I did not see all the evidence so I don’t know what to think for sure.  

BUT, I have to wonder what all they did have against him since the boat he allegedly used turned up no evidence at all.   Not one cell of her skin, her hair or a single drop of her blood was found in that boat.   And the boat had not been washed because there were other things found in it like cement dust.   I use a cement block for an anchor too… big deal.   Without DNA in the boat, I have reasonable doubt.

Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Dali Llama

Re: You have all heard about...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 12:50:17 PM »
Quote from: TM7
Did the system work?

Dali Llama say legal system rarely work to everyone's satisfaction. :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 01:22:59 PM »
Mostly what they convicted him was circumstanshl(sp)evidence. I have a gut feeling in a couple years  (maybe sooner/latter) its gonna come out  some one else in the family did it for monatary reasons. Just a gut feeling from an old law dog.

Gun Runner

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 01:26:54 PM »
Quote from: Gun Runner
Mostly what they convicted him was circumstanshl(sp)evidence. I have a gut feeling in a couple years  (maybe sooner/latter) its gonna come out  some one else in the family did it for monatary reasons. Just a gut feeling from an old law dog.

Gun Runner
Sometimes those feelings be most accurate, say Dali Llama. :-)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 08:03:34 PM »
Didn't sit thru the trial so didn't hear all the evidence but sure never heard anyone mention anything that made me think he did it. I think he was railroaded myself. For some reason in such cases the police fixate on the farmily immediately and just can't seem to move on and look for evidence. I'm of the opinion justice was not servered and he isn't guilty. As soon as I'm elected governor of that state I'm gonna pardon him. Course I'm in Bama and ain't moving no time soon so he'd be better advised not to hold out for that. :eek:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 12:54:29 AM »
I, like others really dont have enough information to form an opinion as to his innocence or guilt. But one issue that really galls me is, in the great state of Kalifornicate, as well as elsewhere, killing babies is totally legal. As long as it is an inconvience to the murdering bi%*#, er I mean mother, and they call it a choice. So why is he charged with infanticide for the collateral death of a disposable life that has absolutely no rights anyway? I mean is an unborn fetus a human life or is it just stem cell fodder? :evil:  I guess they really can have it both ways.
 Personally, I would like to see anyone who would murder an innocent baby in the name of choice have there brains sucked out. They already lost there heart. :(
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 01:11:12 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
For some reason in such cases the police fixate on the farmily immediately and just can't seem to move on and look for evidence.
That do often be the case, comment Dali Llama. :(

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 04:14:14 AM »
Boys, I think we heard and heard, to adnasium, ever piece of evidence the jury heard. This was purly a case of some folks wanting to clear the books of this and CONVICT somebody. He may have done it, somebody had to do it, but for my money it was not him.
Reminded me very much of the family in Denver the DA wanted to convict. Not find out who did it.
Boys, an I am gonna get whomped on fer this, i would rather see 10 guilty go free than convict one innocent. If you have undeniable proof you got tha right feller then go ahead. If it is just your feelings then back off til you have the proof.
TV shows should quit convicting folks just for ratings.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 05:18:07 AM »
Boys, an I am gonna get whomped on fer this, i would rather see 10 guilty go free than convict one innocent. If you have undeniable proof you got tha right feller then go ahead. If it is just your feelings then back off til you have the proof.
TV shows should quit convicting folks just for ratings.

Even tho we often don't agree on things William this time I'm in 100% agreement with ya.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 07:58:34 AM »
Quote from: williamlayton
Boys, an I am gonna get whomped on fer this, i would rather see 10 guilty go free than convict one innocent.
:roll: Dali Llama say that certainly be antithesis of "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" philosophy. :shock:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 09:31:04 AM »
Gasp, Groan, tug at shirt, fall backwards, lie on the floor and squirm--yell "It's tha big one Margret --Hold on honey, I'm coming to see you".
Ol GB agreed with me on sumthin. Lemme go back and read that agin. Surly I got confused. :-D  :oops:
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 12:33:42 PM »
Ol GB agreed with me on sumthin. Lemme go back and read that agin. Surly I got confused.
williamlayton should count his blessings, suggest Dali Llama. :-)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 11:22:25 PM »
Dali-
That is surely a good suggestion for everone. I do it very often, in the light of the word, and I am never without wonder of grace and mercy concerning myownself.
Blessings from the Lord are a cherished thing.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 01:38:39 AM »
Dali-
That is surely a good suggestion for everone.
Thanks, respond Dali Llama.

Offline tucoblue

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 02:05:49 AM »
What do you think about the "Girlfriend"? I think her name is Fry. She could have had the murder done in a jealous rage............

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 02:48:37 AM »
Here in the People's Republik of Illinois we had 13 death row prisoners found to be innocent. Most of them were accused of high profile crimes (locally anyway). Public emotion and ambitious DAs can lead to some pretty shoddy examples of "justice".
gino

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 08:53:34 AM »
Quote from: gino
Public emotion and ambitious DAs can lead to some pretty shoddy examples of "justice".
:cry:  :(  :oops:

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Peterson
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 11:39:33 AM »
I'm inclined to think he dunnit.  On the other hand I am inclined to think the state of Kalifornia failed to prove he dunnit beyond reasonable doubt.

I had about the same two opinions in the OJ trial.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 01:48:34 PM »
Zowwie!...I'm not arguing with William either...we (the public) just don't have enough info to go on...

Pleased to see Dali refer to it as the "legal" system, I too quit calling it the "justice" system some time ago...

Speaking of stupid; how do you like the way those reporters and talking heads are dogging Mr. Kerrick, that most capable cop that bowed out of the spot as National Intelligence Director ?

Frankly, I believe that since he pulled out...BACK OFF ALREADY!

How would those reporters and talking heads like their lives gone over with a fine-toothed comb?

If he were still trying to be NID, I could understand why they would pursue it....but what can they accomplish now, except to injure and destroy ?

Guess they have no shame!!!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 10:19:01 PM »
Yup, sure looks like it.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 01:04:04 PM »
Quote from: ironglow
  Pleased to see Dali refer to it as the "legal" system

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2004, 11:08:25 AM »
This just in ....  another very pregnant women was abducted earlier today in Missouri. She was murdered. The still living fetus was removed from her body and kidnapped.
Dali Llama say he hear before of "robbing the cradle," but this be a bit too much. :twisted:  :x  :evil:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 05:17:46 AM »
[Scott P. not involved ??]

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 12:04:40 PM »
Well I did watch a good part of the news reviews on the trial.  My a take on it seem a bit different than y'all's.  I think he probably did it.  But I don't think there was enough evidence to convict him!  The only thing I saw that they proved was that HE ACTED GUILTY!
    Ray

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 12:35:52 AM »
I will say that he could have done it, I will state that someone did it, and I will state that it is undeniable that hpye and media attention played a more important part in conviction than evidence.
When one juror was asked why he believed Scott did it he could not point to any evidence.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2004, 08:34:47 AM »
I will say that he could have done it, I will state that someone did it, and I will state that it is undeniable that hpye and media attention played a more important part in conviction than evidence.
Do williamlayton perchance be describing O.J. Simpson debacle, ask Dali Llama? :lol:  :lol:  :lol: