Author Topic: Need sizer/luber info  (Read 546 times)

Offline hoser

• Trade Count: (0)
Need sizer/luber info
« on: December 20, 2004, 05:27:11 PM »
I recently bought a sizer/lubricator on the net and need some info on it if anyone can help.  It is marked Cramer Bullet Mould Co.  North Hollywood, Calif.  It looks like a Saeco or Redding from the catalog pictures I've seen but having never seen the real thing, I'm not sure.  The die in it is marked 44 and the top punch is marked 429 and #7.  They look about like the Redding parts also.  It is in really good shape and everything is tight and clean.  If anyone can help me with the history on this and if Redding parts will work I would appreciate it.  I would hate to buy a die and not have it fit.  I'm  new to this casting business and have a lot to learn.

Offline Leftoverdj

Need sizer/luber info
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 11:24:38 AM »
Saeco bought out Cramer in 1951`A phone call to Saeco should answer your question.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Kingfish

Need sizer/luber info
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 01:14:43 PM »
I recently bought a Saeco mold and the only pictures that I've seen of their top punchs looks like they have threads where it fits in the sizer. I've got a Lyman lubesizer and don't think that would work. Do your top punchs have threads where they go into the sizer?

Bill

Offline hoser

Need sizer/luber info
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 07:43:19 PM »
Thanks for the info on Cramer.  I'll get with Saeco to find out what fits my old sizer.  Hope the new Saeco dies and punches will work.  It's really a nice tight unit with a large lube reservoir.  The top punch on the Cramer is threaded and has a tapered shank below the threads that fits into a tapered seat on the ram.  I also have a Lyman 45 and a RCBS sizer/lubricator but the top punches on those are totally different and are held in with a set screw.