Author Topic: Butler Ford  (Read 994 times)

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Butler Ford
« on: January 06, 2003, 01:29:28 PM »
I'm 51, born and raised in south central Kentucky, I grew up on the farm that's been in the family since well before the Civil War. In '73 I enlisted in the US Army, I flew helicoptors for 20 years. When I retired I thought that motorcycle mechanicing would be an enjoyable part time job for a retired aviator, so my wife and I both graduated from MMI in Phoenix. Instead of part time mechanicing, we moved back to the old home place and started farming. We have a hundred cow milking herd, raise all of our own calves, and grow our on feeds and forages. We have four kids, all young enough when we moved back that they now consider themselves as Kentuckians.
I can't remember not having a gun. Hubley, then I graduated to the Matel Shoot'n Shell, pistol, lever rifle and derringer. (If only I still that that 3 some now!  ) I had one of the Daisy six shooter BB guns, another I wish I still had, but since I'm not a collector, every gun I've ever had has been one I use, that's why I buy them. I've packed some fair sized pieces at times: Pair of GE electric short guns, 20mm Gatling fot longer range, a 2.75 sxs with rocket powered pellets and a wire guided single shot.
I love shooting black powder! Once back in 84 I even shot in a bowling pin shoot with a pair of Walker replicas, I didn't win!  I did have a good time trying. My children are all shooters, the youngest keeps saying that he's better than the old man now (probably is), but is still afraid to put his money where his mouth is.  
I'm starting on my third year of Cowboy Action Shooting, sometimes the kids go, most of the time not, but I have a great time getting to shoot with the other folks kids now. It does my old heart good to see the quality of upbringing these kids in shooting sports seem to have compared to many others.
Just over a year ago, I got my first 45-70, best entertainment investment I've ever made! I'm working toward Black Powder and 3/4 mile, I don't expect to reach that goal, but I'm having one hell of a good time working for it.
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
Butler Ford
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 05:07:03 AM »
Opps Butler... I just discovered I failed to say "howdy" on the intro. forum here.... been talking via PM, but no reply here... Hope your weather is letting up... here in Indiana, we are getting "spanked"...
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE