Author Topic: SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY  (Read 980 times)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« on: December 25, 2004, 09:32:13 AM »
Well, I see now they have cloned a kitten with the same exact DNA from another cat that died. This is all getting kind of scary when you go to messing around with this stuff. I wonder how long it will be before some World leader creates a nation of humans with super strength and super intelligence. It"s only going to be a short time before this is tried. I know they passed a federal law against doing this but who is going to stop them if they do. If you kill a clone is it murder? This is something no one should be trying to do. :eek:  :shock:  :?  :oops:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 04:56:48 PM »
They passed a law HERE forbidding it. I wouldnt take a bet that no other countries will do it. If he coulda I bet Saddam woulda. Theres alot of desperate leaders in the world & I dont suppose it will be long before we hear of it.
I agree its something that ought not be done.

Tough to say how I'd feel about one getting killed. Far as they were concerened theyd be a person & its not their fault how they came to be here so I'd say its still murder. Now if theyre engineered as a fighting tool it might be different. Lets hope we never need to find out.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 04:58:11 PM »
Man tried to be God once before back in the Garden of Eden and look at how that turned out.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline williamlayton

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 12:32:44 AM »
Satan, before man or this world, decried he would be God.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 04:21:17 AM »
Quote from: Leverdude
Far as they were concerened theyd be a person & its not their fault how they came to be here so I'd say its still murder.
That be correct, say Dali Llama.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 05:07:32 AM »
I suppose the question in my mind would be: When you clone the body do you clone the soul?
gino

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 05:12:50 AM »
I suppose the question in my mind would be: When you clone the body do you clone the soul?
gino

I think NOT. Humans might can make life but only GOD can make a soul. I'd be VERY CONCERNED that a cloned human without a soul would be one bad dude to deal with. Not a nice guy I'd think.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 06:25:02 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
gino

I think NOT. Humans might can make life but only GOD can make a soul. I'd be VERY CONCERNED that a cloned human without a soul would be one bad dude to deal with. Not a nice guy I'd think.

Now THAT is a most interesting thing to ponder for sure. :shock:

Dave 8)
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline Brett

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 06:49:58 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
gino

I would have to concur with GB. Only God can create a soul.  This brings up some other questions; What makes us 'human' if not our souls, Isn't it our soul that differentiates us from the animals which God has put us in charge over?  If this creature that man creates thru cloning has no soul who or what will fill the void?  :eek:

Offline powderman

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 07:49:58 AM »
I heartily agree that cloning is wrong. A human like being without a soul is scary indeed. POWDERMAN.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline FWiedner

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 07:57:56 AM »
True, our beloved government passed a law forbidding human cloning.  I feel compelled to inform you that the "law" only applies to commercial and private enterprise.  The government can do what it wants.

As to the creation of a life, a human being is a human being, whatever he/she may be "engineered' to do.

God provides life's spark, and imbues that life with a soul.  Man may facilitate the circumstances for the creation of a life, but the creation of life itself belongs to God, alone.

For that reason, I believe that any cloned human would be as much a human as any of us, and would without doubt, have a soul.  The perversions of that life, and the corruption of that soul would be the product of man's work.

Engineering human life for harvest as a product, or "engineering" a human creature for perverse purpose is a crime against nature.

Imprisoning and preventing these laboratory or industrial specimens from exercising free will is SLAVERY.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Brett

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 08:43:56 AM »
FWiedner you make some very interesting points there. Soul or no soul, I think most of us Christians agree that trying to be 'God' by trying to create life is just plain wrong and I believe God will put a stop to it one way or another.  Remember the Biblical story of Babel? At Babel rebellious man undertook a united and godless effort to establish for himself,  by a titanic human enterprise (the building of a tower that would reach heaven), a world renown by which he would dominate God's creation. God seeing this said "if as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them."  At which point God put a stop to man's efforts by confusing his language and scattering them throughout the earth.  The greatest of human powers cannot defy God and long survive.

Offline Dali Llama

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 07:59:21 AM »
Quote from: powderman
A human like being without a soul is scary indeed.
Dali Llama say that, unfortunately, beings who fit such description already lurk hereabouts... :cry:  :oops:  :(  :(  :(

Offline FWiedner

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004, 08:43:57 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Dali Llama say that, unfortunately, beings who fit such description already lurk hereabouts... :cry:  :oops:  :(  :(  :(

...and they are usually on the government's payroll...
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Super human on the way
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2004, 04:20:54 PM »
Gentlemen, When a young lad in grade school in the 50s, I can recall a few Weekly Readers (remember those?) which had news stories about the Scientific world wanting to clone farm animals from the most perfect specimens to ease the food shortages of the World. Even at that young age, I felt that creating clones would be"meddling in God's affairs." Maybe I'm over reacting, but I even feel a little guilty raising and eating my two favorite garden vegetables, Butternut squash and Early Anna tomatoes, because neither one are God's design, but hybrid by man. I first heard of plans to clone humans in the late sixties. Now, I certainly felt that would flat be a sin. I read an article about cloning humans in a Legion Magazine. The reason given for cloning, staggered my imagination. Organ transplanting was in it's infancy, and rejection was a real problem, resulting in "the vine dying on the fruit." Medical Scientists figured that they could take a fertilized egg from a donor, remove the genetic code, and replace it with the DNA from any human, and get a genetically identical being, that would be a cell for cell duplicate of the original. Now I will have to concede they can probably change the physical design, but would like to believe the Good Lord still has the say on the spiritual part of the resulting clone. Believing that, I could not understand how Scientists were willing to believe that the clone would have no rights whatsoever, but would exist for the sole purpose of being a shelf full of spare parts that would not be rejected, for the original !!!   If the act of making a clone isn't a sin in gods eyes, taking one apart to extend the life of the original certainly HAS to be.  Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline powderman

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004, 04:25:49 PM »
COWPOX. Amen brother. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

SUPER HUMAN ON THE WAY
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 04:43:51 PM »
Quote from: FWiedner
Quote from: Dali Llama

...and they are usually on the government's payroll...
That not always be the case, respond Dali Llama.