Author Topic: First day at range with Handi  (Read 426 times)

Offline Nova

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
First day at range with Handi
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:27:01 AM »
It was a cold one here in PA, but i just couldn't wait to take my new Handi .223 to the range.  Right now I only have a 4x40 Bushnell on it until I get my own scope for it.  Only took about 5 shots to get it zeroed at 50 yds.  Shooting decent groups at 50 and 100 yards for that low powered scope.  Managed to ding a steel plate at 200 yds a couple times as well (size of a pie plate).  I can't tell ya how much I love this gun.  Shoots great and tons of fun.  Plus you can't beat the .223 ammo prices- 2.50 for a box of cheap Wolf FMJ's.  Lookin forward to shootin some chucks with it this spring/summer.

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 02:39:30 PM »
sounds like you have a good shooter there.one thing i would do though is stay away from the wolf ammo and stick with USA ammo of somekind.the wolf ammo has a steel case and you will have stuck cases if you stick with it.the China and Rusian made ammo is junk to say the least.get some Winchester bulk white box or Black Hills ammo.these two are very good and the $$ aint to bad either

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 03:22:42 PM »
Jeff223,
What kind of accuracy do you get with that Winchester white box and Black Hills ammo?  I'm seriously thinking about a Handi in 223, but I am not set up for reloading (yet).  

Thanks

Moonlitin

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 03:30:19 PM »
Quote from: Moonlitin
Jeff223,
What kind of accuracy do you get with that Winchester white box and Black Hills ammo?  I'm seriously thinking about a Handi in 223, but I am not set up for reloading (yet).  
Thanks
Moonlitin

Check this thread...
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50491
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain