Author Topic: Why can't gun companies just be honest?  (Read 793 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Why can't gun companies just be honest?
« on: January 21, 2005, 09:45:56 AM »
The educated gun buyer is going to find out who makes the gun for them when they contract out foreign companies, so why don't they just put that in their adds. It makes me crazy.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 04:53:20 PM »
:D True, it is frustrating but the "educated" gun buyer might not be so educated if it weren't for all of the research needed to figure out the gun companies!   :)
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 05:17:32 PM »
Guys in the know would be more apt to buy if they didn't have to seek out the truth. Newcomers would buy it because it's cheap. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm a nut but if I was selling it I'd be up front and say it's cheap because it's made in China.I guess that's why I'm a middle class rental store department manager working for some one else instead of running a gun company.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 10:07:52 AM »
i must be a step or two behind. what brought this thread on ?

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 11:06:15 AM »
Nothing in particular. I was just thinking it since I looked at the new guns on the HR1871 site. It's just a pet peave I guess. I hate the word "imported" There is a difference to me. There are some companies, and countries I'd rather not send my money to.

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 12:37:55 PM »
hi markus -

i agree. there are a few places i'd rather not see my chump change go to either. but there are some country's that do deserve our trade.

case in point - i flew to the left coast last week, the first leg of the journey was on this really nice and new plane. i had all sorts of leg room, a nice chair, the temperature was controlled very well, and the ambiance was calm. all in all, one of the better planes i've ever flown on. turns out it was a brazilian made embrarair (SP?) jet bought by a united airlines sub-contractor.

sadly, brazil is building better jets than we can buy here, or at least the economics for buying and operating the brazilian jet are more attractive to united airlines stock holders anyway.

a close childhood friend of mine was born in and lives in sao paulo, brazil, so i can't get too cranky at seeing him (or his country) do good in the world market. better brazil than any of those godless communist ruled countries.

i believe that some NEF knock-offs or look-alikes are made in brazil too, single shots. brazil has good coffee too. i get a box every month from marcel (my friend in brazil) with a pound of no-name roasted coffee beans that are hard to beat. they also have this stuff called manyoke (SP?) which is a corn based kind of mixture you fry up and it tastes real good !!!

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 01:19:02 PM »
My problem is as much with the gun companies that make us seek out the info rather than just being up front with it. The brazilian single is the rossi. Single shot shooter got GB to start a forum for them. The few that I've had my hands on did not impress. Brazillians make some good steel for cheap knives.