Author Topic: Bushnell 3200 and Legend glass ?  (Read 684 times)

Offline icedog

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell 3200 and Legend glass ?
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:55:30 AM »
Not sure where I got this...could be from Bushnell promotional material, or it could be straight b.s., but I was given the impression at one time that Bushnell's Legend glass was the same as their 3200 Elite glass, but without the Rainguard.  Has anyone else heard the same, or is their someone who can confirm this as either truth or nonsense?

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 01:27:43 PM »
Can not confirm it, but I heard the same thing, but don't know where.  Another difference is the Legend is made in the Phillipines and the Elite 3200 in Japan.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 04:49:37 PM »
To be honest I don't really understand the question.

If you're asking are legend scopes identical in all ways to Elite 3200 minus the coatings the answer is NO. If you're asking about the actual optical glass used to make the lens being the same as used in the 3200s perhaps. But there is a LOT more goes into the making of a lens than just the glass it's comprised of. So I don't guess I understand why it matters if that's the question.

The legend line fits just under the Elite 3200 but above the Trophy in the Bushnell line up. Excellent scopes but without the Rainguard feature and full life time warrant of the Elites I think.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline icedog

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 08:49:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
By "glass", I was referring to the lenses and the coatings only.  Perhaps I ought to have been more specific.  While I suppose the answer isn't particularly significant, it is a small matter of interest to me.  I have 3-9, and a couple 2-7 3200's, and recently purchased a 2-7 Legend to top a 99 Savage.  Kind of wondering if my old eyes will notice much if any difference between the Legend and the 3200 2-7's (other than the Rainguard claims of course).

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 12:37:33 AM »
I doubt you'll really notice the difference. If any it's pretty slim.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!