Author Topic: Matt, can this be changed?  (Read 801 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Matt, can this be changed?
« on: January 04, 2005, 05:39:22 AM »
Hi Matt, thanks for all the sleepless nights keeping this site going and for making it so great. One question, on several frustrating occasions I have either sent a PM or sometimes replied to one ( I think?) and after laboring over the long post send/submit only to get a note that I need to post a topic before sending, then horrors of horrors when I hit the back button the whole post is gone!!! My labor was all for naught and I cannot recover my work. All I wanted to do was add a topic so I could re-send it but it went to that great cyber hole in the sky, never to be retrieved. Could you change the system so when a user has forgotten to post a topic on a PM and goes back just to add a topic after unsuccessfully trying to send it it is still there? I personally would be forever in your debt (al well as everyone elses after CHRISTmas it seems) if you could make this change. It is so frustrating after getting a long PM just right and forgetting to enter a topic to have it disappear and be unretrievable!!! Thanks for any help you can render....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 06:11:20 AM »
MSP, I have had the same problem, not just here, but many times on other boards, taught me to copy my text before I hit the send button, then if my text ends up in cyberland, I can just paste it into a new post window and I'm good to go. Ya never know when cyber murphy is gonna visit.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:22:14 AM »
OK, Thanks Matt. I appreciate your quick response....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley