Author Topic: Wife took 2 deer her first time  (Read 568 times)

Offline dougk

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Driftwood TEXAS
Wife took 2 deer her first time
« on: January 03, 2005, 04:34:26 PM »
We had gone out two times but either the wind was bad or she did not see the buck she wanted to take.  

Our neighbor was planning to leave on Sunday to take the meat to Snook to be made into the best jalapeno, cheese sausage in the world.

On Saturday afternoon Samantha decided to go out on her own, she was thinking of sausage now, not the perfect buck.  As we separated I gave her age old advice (well I just kinda made it up  :-D ).  If you shoot a deer and it drops just wait another deer might come into range.

About 1 hour after we separated I heard one shot (a double bang, I knew she hit something) about 5 minutes later I hear a second shot (another double bang).  So now I'm thinking she got two deer.  A few mins later he cell phone rang, she had taken 2 deer.  The first was a 75 yrd shot and the second was a 100 yrd shot.  Both deer had dropped from perfectly placed shots.  I did sight the gun...  One other thing, Samantha had only shot three rounds through the gun, prior to taking the deer.

She was using a Tikka .270 with Federal Premium ammo.  I followed Bills ammo recommendation.

Any suggestions on how to get her to clean the gun?  Her belief is you clean my deer you clean my gun...
Doug

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 05:34:30 PM »
Congratulations to her on the deer. Now if you could get her to clean the deer and guns you would have it made.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Old Cane

• Contributor
    • http://ee.1asphost.com/OldCane/
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 06:12:04 AM »
How do you get her to clean the gun? Fess up for once and tell her how much it cost!

Offline dougk

• Moderators
  • Driftwood TEXAS
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 04:32:16 PM »
Her cooking more that makes up for her lack og gun cleaning skills.  The venison tenderloin from her first deer was cooked perfectly...