Author Topic: Marine AWOL? Deserted?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline chuckles

• Trade Count: (0)
Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:49:11 PM »
I see on the news tonight that Cpl. Hasoon (sp?), the Marine that claimed he was kidnapped in Iraq, later surfacing in Lebanon, has now failed to return from his "Christmas leave". What in the heck are they doing giving him leave? He is about to be Courts Martialed for Desertion and they grant him leave for Christmas? He's not even a Christian. I hope whichever idiot approved his leave gets tried as an accessory to this traitor's desertion. What a crock. The Corps blew this one. :x This is the dumbest thing I've seen about the Marines since Pfc Garwood.

Offline magooch

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 03:47:10 AM »
Maybe they're just giving him enough rope to hang himself good and proper.
Swingem

Offline FWiedner

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 05:13:37 AM »
The situation certainly is a puzzle.

Gotta agree that the Corps, in their rush to appear PC, has not handled things in a way that ensures security and control.

Still, it's not right to start slinging racial or ethnically derogatory comments.

Wait until all the facts are on the table.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 07:35:10 AM »
Quote from: FWiedner
The situation certainly is a puzzle.

Gotta agree that the Corps, in their rush to appear PC, has not handled things in a way that ensures security and control.

Still, it's not right to start slinging racial or ethnically derogatory comments.

Then you can call him a sand monkey :lol:

Offline Dali Llama

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 01:17:35 PM »
it's not right to start slinging racial or ethnically derogatory comments.

That be far too difficult for many, remark Dali Llama. :(  :cry:  :oops:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Shorty

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »
One thing I learned while with NAVSECGRU is that what you read in the news is not the whole story, or the real story, or even a story at all!  
 :-)
But then sometimes the news is in on skinny that SECGRU would not admit.  8)

Offline chuckles

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 04:27:18 PM »
FWiedner wrote:

I didn't see any post that falls into that category.  :?  All I called him was a traitor. Thats not so bad, a lot of traitors are in real important government positions. :P  I want to see who ok'd his leave and see them getting tried as accessories to his crime(s). We'll never see Hassoun again, he's in Lebanon already.

Offline FWiedner

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 04:44:06 PM »
Quote from: chuckles
What in the heck are they doing giving him leave? He is about to be Courts Martialed for Desertion and they grant him leave for Christmas? He's not even a Christian.

FWiedner wrote:

I didn't see any post that falls into that category.  :?  All I called him was a traitor. Thats not so bad, a lot of traitors are in real important government positions. :P  I want to see who ok'd his leave and see them getting tried as accessories to his crime(s). We'll never see Hassoun again, he's in Lebanon already.

My suggestion was aimed at the comment I've highlighted in bold-face from your first post.

I apologize if I misinterpreted your intended meaning of the statement.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline chuckles

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »
FW: How is not being a Christian in any way a ethnic or racial slur? If I remember correctly, freedom of religious choice is a basic right of all Americans, even non-Christians. Hassoun is a Moslem, a non Christian, also a non-Hindu, a non-Buddhist,  a non-Jew and probably a non-Wicca. Thats just a fact, not a racially or ethnically derogatory slur. :shock:

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 09:30:03 PM »
I see Chuckles' remark about the traitor's not being a Christian as a "sidebar comment", not necessarily a slur. Surely as most of us see it, he can worship two-headed monkeys if he likes...or nothing at all...
   The sidebar is just added info...we can process it whichever way each of us chooses!

That being said; it appears that the Marines "blew" this one...
  Perhaps the normal stupidity of PC got to them!

Then there is the remote chance that he is carrying a "bug" with him...so they can catch bigger fish.

It is believed he is in Lebanon now...sounds like he constitutes as a little job for the Mossad...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 01:40:22 AM »
FW: How is not being a Christian in any way a ethnic or racial slur?
Dali Llama say he suppose FWiedner refer to use of word "even" in sentence. :?

Offline chuckles

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 04:34:41 AM »
My point in saying Hassoun is not a Christian was an expression of surprise at why the Corps, in it's infinite wisdom, would grant him a Christmas leave. Being a Moslem, you would think that any celebration or even observance of a Christian holiday would doom him to a life in hell among the infidels. Someone had their head in a very dark place when they approved this leave. :?  As an aside, I also read that Syrian Intelligence ( :? ) officers were looking for him too in order to find out how he got from Irag through Syria to Lebanon. Maybe they'll get him first.

Offline FWiedner

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 05:57:14 AM »
Being a Moslem, you would think that any celebration or even observance of a Christian holiday would doom him to a life in hell among the infidels.

I see that I did not misinterpret your intended meaning.

Are you still maintaining that there is no racial or ethnically derogatory connotation to your comments?

Please... :roll:

Offline Dali Llama

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 12:46:04 PM »
Being a Moslem, you would think that any celebration or even observance of a Christian holiday would doom him to a life in hell among the infidels.

I see that I did not misinterpret your intended meaning.

Are you still maintaining that there is no racial or ethnically derogatory connotation to your comments?

:?:

Offline chuckles

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 03:48:25 PM »
EWeidner wrote:

Yea, I didn't call him a camel jockey or towelhead or even a sand monkey. I called him a MOSLEM. You seem to have a problem with your comprehension skills. Do you commonly use the term "non-Christian" to ethnically slur people? I think you are just trying to slur me and/or pick a "internet fight" Don't presume to think you can understand any part of my posting as it was directed to the adults that "normally" populate this forum.  :P  :-D

Offline Dali Llama

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2005, 04:05:04 PM »
EWeidner wrote:

Yea, I didn't call him a camel jockey or towelhead or even a sand monkey. I called him a MOSLEM. You seem to have a problem with your comprehension skills. Do you commonly use the term "non-Christian" to ethnically slur people? I think you are just trying to slur me and/or pick a "internet fight" Don't presume to think you can understand any part of my posting as it was directed to the adults that "normally" populate this forum.  :P  :-D
:music:  :eek:  :shock:

Offline FWiedner

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2005, 04:47:57 PM »
EWeidner wrote:

Adults.

Yeah, whatever.  Good for you, you really got me.  Woo boy.  Very clever.

All I was trying to ascertain is why there is anything wrong with this young Marine taking leave with the full knowledge and consent of his commander just becuse he's Moslem.  Is this person some lesser human because he believes in something else?

It happened to be during the Christmas holiday.  Shouldn't Moslems be able to take time off like everyone else?  Is Christmas just for Christians?  

I just don't see why it's necessary to cast veiled insults and ridicule at religious beliefs just because you see things a different way.  

I guess it's really no big deal.  Whatever happens to him is of no consequence.  I mean, he's not even a Christian.

Offline chuckles

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2005, 05:38:09 PM »
FWeidner wrote:
Is this person some lesser human because he believes in something else?

You're the "adult" that considered him being "something else" a racial or ethnic slur.. I never mentioned his race OR his ethnicity. I said there is something wrong with this traitor getting leave at all, not because he's moslem but because he's a DESERTER. (that means he ran awayfrom combat).I don't care if he's Moslem, Jewish or Baptist. Why does the beloved Corps feel obligated to give a Moslem leave for the most Christian of holidays? Seems a bit idiotic to me but you can believe in this political correctness if you like. I prefer to consider whoever approved  this traitor's leave as a complete idiot, unworthy of any command at all. And he may be a Jew, A Hindu, Moslem or even a Christian. He's just not real smart. :D

Offline chuckles

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2005, 05:41:03 PM »
FWeidner wrote:
he's not even a Christian.

Neither am I. Why do you find that to be a racial slur? :D

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »
Chuckles,
dont sweat it. I think most of us got the message right the first time. I thought the same thing you did. I heard a couple people talking about it at work and they said that Marine who was awaiting trial for desertion didnt come back from his "Christmas leave" It didnt surprise me in the least. He deserted once, why wouldnt he do it again? And to think that some DF let a deserter take "Christmas leave" who doesnt even look at it as a holiday. I'll bet someone's six is in hot H2O. The fact is the guy is a deserter (twice) and that makes him a worthless POS no matter who or what he is.

Offline FWiedner

Marine AWOL? Deserted?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 06:28:01 PM »
FWeidner wrote:
he's not even a Christian.

Neither am I. Why do you find that to be a racial slur? :D

Just seemed like some kinda slam, is all.

Could be I just took it the wrong way.

The fact is, all anybody knows is that he is missing.  Nobody knows how or why.  Maybe he deserted, maybe he didn't.  Maybe he's a traitor, maybe he ain't.

Calling him names and insulting his heritage seems...premature until more facts are in.