Author Topic: swift scopes  (Read 763 times)

Offline contender hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
swift scopes
« on: January 09, 2005, 05:11:38 AM »
Hi guys need your opinion and experience with swift rifle scopes, I purchased a burris 3-9x40 scope for my 7x30 waters carbine and after hunting some real thick areas with alot of deadfalls etc. I found that the 3x setting isn't giving me enough FOV for close fast shots . I see that swift is one of the only companys that offers a 2-7 with a 40 mm objective , my FOV would go from 33 ft at 100 to 55ft. with the swift, my question is I always thought of swift as a cheaper scope , are they junk or are they up there with the burris fullfield II and bushnell 3200  etc.there listed in one catolog as only being 149.95
pa hunter

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
swift scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:59:40 AM »
A previous thread should answer your questions.
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47187
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
swift scopes
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:03:40 AM »
contender hunter,
Although I dont have any experience with the Swift Scope line I'm sure quickdtoo will be here shortly to shed light on their scopes.

Meanwhile  :grin:
I know exactly where you are comming from because I hunt heavy cedar swamps myself here in Michigan with lots of blow downs and a wide FOV is essential for close encounters of this kind.. I feel our new 2-7x32 would meet your needs and although we list it as a Shotgun/Muzzlelaoder scope, it has recently become my choice on all my centerfire rifles for hunting in Michigan. The larger FOV (45' @ 100yds) played a key role in success this year because the buck walked up on me at less than 15yds on opening day and I was able to easliy see the entire deer in the view, making a quick shot and dropping him like a wet noodle. Although it doesnt have the 40mm objective, with the new lenses and coatings used on our scopes, this model will easliy compete in brightness and clarity to scopes costing much more. The glass ecthed red dot will also help out during low light situations. You can also ask quickdtoo opinion becasue he recently purchased one. Jon at The Optic Zone could also hook you up with a good price on this scope.

Here is the link for your reading pleasure.
http://www.muelleroptics.com/multi-shot.htm

MO

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
swift scopes
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 06:06:52 AM »
quickdtoo,
Your just to fast for me

MO

Offline contender hunter

• Avid Poster
swift scopes
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 06:24:48 AM »
I would go with a more popular scope BUT that 2-7x40 really sounds nice is there anyone else making this combination . like I said it would give me 55ft fov even a VX-II leupold only has 42.5 fov.the warranty i saw only was good for 3 years for swift not very good.
pa hunter

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
swift scopes
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 07:26:04 AM »
I don't know anything about the 2-7x Swift, don't own one, but I do own the Mueller 2-7x32 Multi Shot, it's an excellent optic. Mueller has a lifetime warranty and as good if not better customer service of anyone in the business. My initial review of this scope can be found Here
Hopefully I'll get to the range soon to check it out good.

Hope this helps,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain