Author Topic: Kahr or Glock  (Read 757 times)

Offline auto

• Trade Count: (0)
Kahr or Glock
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
Have been looking for some time for a good carry gun.  I had my heart set on a Kahr k9 until I started reading posts on glocktalk in the Kahr forums.  It seems as if a lot of people have had to send there Karh's back to the factory.  Is it just the polymer Kahr people are having trouble with or all the Kahrs?  I really prefer a all metal pistol so polymer was not an issue.  If kahr's really have all sorts of reliability problems I think I might get a Glock 19.  Any thoughts?

Offline auto

Kahr or Glock
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »
Quote from: cknight98
if GLOCK made a slimline 9mm the size of the G26 and G19, they would have a good selling gun on there hands!!!

Couldn't agree more....I would have bought one yesterday.

Offline KN

Kahr or Glock
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 12:23:15 PM »
I carry the P-9 covert daily and could not be happier. accurate, light, and easy to shoot. When the time comes to replace it I will buy another.  KN

Offline Lawdog

Kahr or Glock
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 01:22:50 PM »
Give me Glocks over Kahrs anytime.  Has nothing to do with performance but with the way they fit my hand.  I find Kahr's to be too small for my taste.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline halfacop

Kahr or Glock
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 02:33:56 PM »
I like my GLOCK 22 alot. I was carring a GLOCK 27 for back up while on duty but recently switched to a KAHR PM9 and would not switch back for anything. The KAHR rides so much nicer on the ankle in a DeSantis rig than the 27 ever did.

I agree......Slim line GLOCK would be huge seller!

Offline tbull55

• Avid Poster
Kahr or Glock
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 02:03:27 PM »
I carry my G19 in a Fobus holster for ccw.  I have no problem carrying in shorts and a t-shirt.  It is a very comfortable carry.  I absolutely love my G19, great gun.

Tbull
Duct Tape is like the force!
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.
And it holds the universe together!
:D

Offline Wolfe

Kahr or Glock
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 06:14:23 PM »
You will not have a problem with a k9. Most of the kahr problems have been on the pm40's. K9's have been dead reliable for quite awhile now. I have an mk9 elite and it is a fantastic gun.