Author Topic: Proposal for purchase of Topper Dlx. Classic  (Read 673 times)

Offline Mamba_Driver

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://home.comcast.net/~ronweiser/
Proposal for purchase of Topper Dlx. Classic
« on: January 22, 2005, 06:16:28 AM »
Here's the deal,... I wanted to get a Topper Dlx. Classic vent rib 12ga. barrel fitted to my SB2 Ultra receiver but NEF won't sell them yet 'cause they're "still filling production orders for the Topper Deluxe Classic".

Just testing the waters here.  Do you think that there may be someone interested in going 50/50 on the purchase of a Topper Deluxe Classic 12ga.?  I would take the vent rib barrel and the other party would take the rest.  I'm thinking that the walnut stock and nickel receiver fitted with a muzzle loader barrel would be a beautiful gun.

I would be glad to purchase the gun and sell the stock and receiver or vise versa.  Given the federal regs. and shipping restrictions, etc., I'm not sure if the person ending up with the receiver would have to be the purchaser or not.

Is this too crazy to consider???    :?

What are your thoughts.

Thanks.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Proposal for purchase of Topper Dlx. Classi
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:05:01 AM »
The guy keeping the reciever should be the purchaser. This sounds like a great idea and I would do it but My wife would shoot me with one of the other 3 H&Rs that I have purchased in the last couple months. I would buy it and just sit on the receiver until the barrel accessory progam has 20ga and 12 ga TDC Barrels. I'm sure someone will take you up on this. Good Idea. You might post this in classifieds as well.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 08:26:55 AM »
I'm in the same boat as Markus.  I wouldn't mind taking the receiver and stocks and just hold on to them until they have 20ga. barrels available thru the barrel program, but work has been slow and I have a gun cabinet full already.  If the receiver has to be shipped to whoever you cut a deal with, it would have to ship threw an FFL dealer so it would be best if they were to purchase the gun and you buy the barrel from them.  But if whoever you cut a deal with can pick up the receiver in person... well.  Consult your local laws or proceed at your own risk. :wink:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Mamba_Driver

• http://home.comcast.net/~ronweiser/
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 08:39:55 AM »
Thanks guys,... I was hoping that just the receicver and stock pieces weren't really a "gun" and could be shipped as parts but you're right.  The hunk with the model# on it is the registered part and that would be the part that couln't be sold or shipped.

I guess I'll do as you suggest and post over in the classifieds as well.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 12:04:04 PM »
Hey Mamba driver, I may be your man...Lets talk money, I'll buy the gun and keep the reciever and stock and send you the barrel. PM me with your feelings and offer....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
I knew some one would step up to the plate. MSP must have a much more understanding wife or maybe a little more disposable income.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
Ssssh!, don't let her know!!! As for income, it's already been  disposed of!!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline gwhilikerz

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 04:43:31 PM »
Disposable income or not, a handiholic will find a way :-D

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 12:12:21 PM »
Tell me bout it!! At least my obsession is with the shot guns for now. The only rifles I use for hunting are .22s and I have 8 already. I've kinda been thinking about getting a .22mag and trying to thin the fox population a little.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 04:08:48 PM »
Boy oh boy Markus, that .22 Mag will lay out a fox handily at 100-150 yards. I'm using one for coyotes now and it's great to 100 yards. I want to get a .22 LR Sportster next since I can't seem to find a used .22 LR barrel, unless there is someone out there that might have one to sell....<><.... :wink:

P.S. - In the .22 Mags for hunting try the 50 grain Federal ammo or the 40 grain Winchester Black Box for the BEST groups, but right on the heels of each are the CCI Maxi Mags....<><.... :grin:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 04:58:55 PM »
I think I need it. There are a million foxes around here. Hence thewre are almost no quail or rabbits and I'm sure they have something to do with me seeing no turkeys this last year. Fox hunters released them supposedly back in the 70's. I can't cofirm that but it has been talked about for a long time. Just walking around the woods I never see them but with a little snow on the ground it's a different story. There must be dozens on my property alone. I hate shooting something and just leaving it to rot though.

Offline Critter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 06:30:14 PM »
There has got to be a fur buyer around there somewhere that would be glad to have them.  He might even give you a little scratch for your trouble.  Might be enough in a winter to fund a Handi or two.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 02:13:19 AM »
I know the Mepp's fishing lure company will buy (or trade lures) for your squirrel tails, I don't know if they use fox fur or not but it may be worth checking into.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 03:36:09 AM »
Mepps was still buying squirrel tails as of last year....<><.... :grin:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 03:42:24 AM »
I've got to go in and talk to the natural resources enforcement guys about it, But the book says it's illegal to possess red foxes or their hides. The farmer that I rent a little land to has a permit to kill them but doesn't know the paticulars.