Author Topic: Suggestions for dry fire practice?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline huntsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Suggestions for dry fire practice?
« on: February 02, 2003, 06:17:12 PM »
Our family lives in the city and we only get to go shooting (live fire) whenever we go to the country. I am planning on getting my daughter some practice time between trips with dry fire in the back yard. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these dry fire sessions more productive?
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 06:01:32 AM »
Have you considered a pellet gun and some sort of trap in the garage or basement? (If Legal)
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline huntsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 03:12:57 PM »
Hadn't considered the pellet gun idea. I'll have to chew on that one a couple of days.

Guess you've never been to San Antonio, Dakotashooter. No basements here, but plenty of garages. No one can afford to excavate 6 feet of solid limestone for a basement. It would be nice to have a cool underground retreat when the temps are 95+ degrees here from May thru September.
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 09:18:05 PM »
last November I bought a fine R7 pellet rifle from a very nice guy in San Antonio and he offered me another fine gun at a good price but I couldn't swing it.

But, my point is that I believe air rifle shooting is a popular sport in your town.  For the basics you could do well with a very modest priced gun - even a BB gun - and it would be so much more rewarding to the students.
Heck its a great sport all on its own.  but check the rules first.  For a target stop I use a cardboard box filled with magazines and some heavy burlap coffee sacks.

Check around for some air gun shops or clubs - I can contact the guy I bought the gun from if you like.  Drop me an email at:

dunawaydmb@hotmail.com
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA