Author Topic: Peep sights on handguns  (Read 425 times)

Offline rsg3

• Trade Count: (0)
Peep sights on handguns
« on: January 15, 2005, 12:11:40 PM »
Hello, i was curious if any of you folks use peep sights on your handguns. If so what are your opinions on them . I seen an advertisement in a magazine of a company called One Ragged Hole and thought about buying a set for my redhawk. Any advice would be appriciated.

Offline HogSniper2

Peep sights on handguns
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 04:19:23 AM »
I purchased the "One Ragged Hole" sight for my S&W 686.  And my Rugers: Blackhawk, Single Six and 22/45.  The accuracy improvement (for me) was considerably better.  If I could, I'd put them on my other auto's.  Keep in mind, my eyesight is not as good as it was twenty years ago.  So, the 'peep-hole' concept works.  I even changed my lever action Marlin to a 'peep-hole'.  I do believe however, that this particular sight design is liked by many and not so great for others.  If you are having trouble with sight focus, what can you lose.  It's very simple to change.  If it's not for you, return them.

Offline PeterF.

• Avid Poster
Peep sights on handguns
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 05:15:56 PM »
See the Single Shot furum (next one down) ... about 30 topics down the list, there's one titled "Anyone seen this?"  It's about this peep; several posts.