Poll

Where Do You Stand On The .50 BMG?

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 01, 2005, 05:18:20 AM

Author Topic: What Do You Think About Banning .50 Caliber Rifles?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
What Do You Think About Banning .50 Caliber Rifles?
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:18:20 AM »
Well, the liberal dumocraps are really pushing to ban .50 caliber rifle this year.  In fact, certain places in California already have succeeded in doing so.  This motivates me to go out and shoot mine more!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
What Do You Think About Banning .50 Caliber
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 05:57:20 AM »
Years ago when they banned The Saturday Night Special Handguns I thought well I don't own one and it doesn't concern me. If I or we new then what we know now it was a beginning to ban all gun ownership. The NRA, Ruger and some others thought it was the right thing to do also. Once we lose the fight to keep any kind of firearm from being banned it won't be long before they come after your hunting rifle, your shotgun, even black powder guns. For some reason polititions don't look at facts. Some people don't look at facts. If they would look at the crime rate in some places where gun ownership has been severely restricted or totally banned they would realize it doesn't work. The times I have been confronted by anti-gunners I tell them to lay a gun down on a table, the sidewalk, the street, the work place, and it is totally harmless. It is whoever picks it up, what they intend to do with it that makes it dangerous. We have enough gun laws on the books now if they were enforced to cover the situation. Make no mistake, they are coming for your guns, any type of gun. They won't be satisfied until there is a total ban on private ownership of guns. :(  :eek:  :shock:  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 06:41:46 AM »
Nothing like popping coyotes at 1000 yards with them... :)  :)  

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline bgjohn

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 06:45:14 AM »
I hope they don't try to ban them, 'cause then I'd have to get one, and I can't afford it.
JM :)
I know nothing. I am only a messenger.

Offline Randy_che

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 06:55:06 AM »
Another way to show the futility of "banning a bullet/gun" is to make a wildcat cartride/gun from the old one. Think of a .495 BMG, or a .505 BMG. If I had the cash and the time, and lived in California, that's what I'd do. Since it takes so much time and energy to try to ban one gun at a time, we would win by attrition, or by exposing the real plan of banning all guns.

Offline Robert

Banned for good reasons in California...
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 07:02:23 AM »
I can totally understand the need for Banning these.....Because so many crimes are commited daily with these firearms...the death toll is rising rapidly.  Also...because most of these firearms are so easy to conceal for criminal purposes.
....make it count

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 07:28:29 AM »
Yeah what Robert said.  Your average thug is lining up to buy them several at a time at around 2 G's a piece. :roll:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Re: 495 wildcat
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 08:05:01 AM »
We went through this years ago in Africa when they banned 45's.  We immediately had 465's, 470's, etc.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 08:27:28 AM »
Dali Llama say that his vote fit none of provided categories but be as follow:

* I do not own or plan to purchase such weaponry, but concomitantly do not think others who wish to own it should be banned from doing so.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline gewehrfreund

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 09:56:30 AM »
Common sense (I know, we're talking about polititians!) might cause one to pose this question:

How many people have been killed by legally owned 50 caliber rifles versus how many die from illegally possessed firearms?

Even slow brains can figure this one out in a hurry. I don't think a 308 long-range rifle is much less lethal than a 50 cal. in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing. What we should really be looking to ban is idiotic legislative proposals from fear mongering imbiciles.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 10:01:06 AM »
I fit in with Dali's post heck if some one gave me one I could not afford to feed it!  :)  :)  :)  Still I think if guys want them they should be able to have them. They sure are not a gangbangers gun or other criminals as the stupid liberals try to tell folks. Ever notice the liberals come up with the dumbest reasons for banning guns and then expect folks to believe it. Sad part is some do. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 12:26:16 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
I fit in with Dali's post
:grin:  :toast:  :agree:

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 02:06:56 PM »
Nothing like popping coyotes at 1000 yards with them...  

Mac

Amen brother :grin:

I don't have one now, but I have shot them and I will eventually have one.  They are a blast to shoot but no fun at all to carry :lol: .

I think that they are going after this particular chambering/rifle because there's not a lot of people that own them and shoot them on a regular basis.  They're line of thinking is that nobody will really contest the banning of a rifle that isn't shot a lot.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
.50 cal rifles
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 03:02:01 PM »
Put me in the slot with Dali and jh45gun. I would love to have one, but can't afford the equipment or ammo. Everyone, all together now, give a big thanks to our liberal media friends for this one. I personally have never heard of a .50 being used in a crime. Of course that don't mean they haven't been used, but would be rare.  If they are being used in crime, I would expect the criminals who used them found out about their value for committing crime by watching the same news special I watched a couple of years ago. Don't remember if it was 60 minutes or 20/20, but they spent the whole show demonstrating how the Barret rifle was so feared by law inforcement. They staged many different exhibitions of the Barret taking automobiles,big trees, and concrete barriers apart and riddling the dummies that were hidden behind them. Then they spent a good deal of time telling about and interviewing an individual from California who was popping in and out of prison for building and selling a Barret style rifle without the appropriate Federal license. The point of the whole show was "We have to get these things off the streets".  I figure it is the same agenda as the "cop killer bullets", that no Policeman was ever shot with. Somehow the Libs just can't get it through their heads that as long as there are turning lathes and milling machines, there will be guns being made by someone.
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline jgalar

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 05:11:05 PM »
I have 4 50 calibers - they are all muzzleloaders. Don't want to own a 50BMG chambered gun, but  if you want one thats cool with me. You should be able to buy one if you can afford to feed it.

Offline Dark:30

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 08:03:29 PM »
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

'Shall not be infringed' is direct and to the point.

How can 'Shall not be infringed' be interpreted in another way?  

The right to keep and bear arms(of any caliber or any configuration) is the law!  Our founding fathers knew what they were doing!  The second amendment was set down by our founding fathers so that WE the people would have the means to protect our freedoms from within and from without.

To compromise in any way is infringing on our rights as citizens.

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 08:27:20 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
I do not own or plan to purchase such weaponry, but concomitantly do not think others who wish to own it should be banned from doing so.

Oh, lordy, I can't believe it.  I actually agree 100% with Dali on something.  

This is a sign, folks, the End Time is near!  There are no emoticons holding signs that say, "REPENT!", so you'll just have to imagine one.

:)  :)
NRA life member

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 01:36:55 AM »
Quote from: leverfan
Quote from: Dali Llama
I do not own or plan to purchase such weaponry, but concomitantly do not think others who wish to own it should be banned from doing so.

Oh, lordy, I can't believe it.  I actually agree 100% with Dali on something.  

Why that be so surprising, inquire Dali Llama? :?  :?  :?

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
50 vs 20 mm
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 02:42:20 AM »
I've never heard of a 50 BMG being used in a crime but some years ago a gang tried to bust down a bank vault door with a 20 mm.  They failed to get through the door.  It's the only crime I've ever heard of of this sort, but it's what led to the ban on private ownership of artillery.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: 50 vs 20 mm
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2005, 02:52:19 AM »
Quote from: unspellable
what led to the ban on private ownership of artillery.
:twisted:  :evil:  :x

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 03:50:11 AM »
Quote from: Dark:30
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

'Shall not be infringed' is direct and to the point.

How can 'Shall not be infringed' be interpreted in another way?  

The right to keep and bear arms(of any caliber or any configuration) is the law!  Our founding fathers knew what they were doing!  The second amendment was set down by our founding fathers so that WE the people would have the means to protect our freedoms from within and from without.

To compromise in any way is infringing on our rights as citizens.

You're preaching to the choir, Dark, but AMEN.
Swingem

Offline SamSpade

50 BMG Headache for a Suicide Bomber
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2005, 04:54:55 AM »
Here is a good review of the 50 BMG.  

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK IF DON'T LIKE GRAPHIC PICTURES OF GORE AND MAYHEM !
Scroll down to the bottom.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID22/488.html

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2005, 05:03:28 AM »
:shock: Euwww, nice shot, wounder what the yardage was?  :?
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005, 05:23:30 AM »
Certainly got the job done :shock: . Imagine that on a woodchuck  :eek:  :shock: .  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Robert

Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »
I had seen the bomber...but thank you for posting the pic of the fine young marksman that made the shot.  A hero in my mind.
....make it count

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2005, 06:33:58 AM »
I wonder how the bomber likes his 72 virgins? I would love to shoot the 50 BMG a few rounds. :blaster:  :bye:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS