Author Topic: Role gone to head?  (Read 681 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Role gone to head?
« on: January 28, 2005, 07:19:15 AM »
Dali Llama say that it appear that role as moderator have gone to head of BamBams.  Dali feel that BamBams be exercising far too heavy hand in deleting posts, locking threads and threatening to take away posting privileges.  Dali say that it appear particularly self-serving that some of aforementioned threads and comments specifically relate to BamBams.  Dali say it unfortunate that such power be utilized for personal agendas. :(  :(  :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline BamBams

Role gone to head?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 07:24:52 AM »
BamsBams say that if certain people followed forum rules, there would be much less need for moderation.  As far as making threats goes:  I don't make threats, I mean exactly what I say.  Now, since you've decided to take your complaints public, it would be a disservice to anyone reading it if I failed to inform members of the following background:

In 99% of your posts that have been moderated - intervention was used because you've either started, or attempted to start, flames with other members.  In a couple other cases, you have posted completely off topic with posts of a personal nature - criticizing other members, or your post simply had no redeemable value whatsoever.  I was gone for months, and I've returned to find you breaking the rules more than anybody else around here - so naturally, the hammer has fallen primarily upon you.  You are solely responsible for that.  I have copies of everything you post, and so does GB.  I can easily back up every action taken on this forum to stop you from starting more trouble.

It is fully within the realm of powers as a moderator to delete posts, lock topics, and correct adverse forum behaviors as we see fit.  Graybeard has made that very clear to all moderators with very few exceptions.  The idea that I am on a power trip is utterly laughable.  I have NEVER exceeded my authority or gone beyond the rules for moderators.  It's YOU who is on some kind of ego trip.

Anyway, if you're not happy with the way things are being done around here please contact GB about it.  Nobody else seems to be complaining except you - no surprise there either.  All I know is, you ain't gonna be stirring up any trouble around here while I'm on duty.  Got it?

I consider myself very complimented by your post above.  It says to me that you're simply finding it more difficult lately to start trash on this forum and you've become frustrated by that - which also simply means that I am doing something RIGHT in my responsibility to preserve the peace around here.  Unfortunately for you though, the regulars around here will be able to see right through your little game above.  

By the way, if anyone DOES agree with this guy?  I'd be more than happy to give someone else a chance to put up with the nonsense I've had to deal with on this forum.  I don't get paid for this work, and could certainly do without it in my life, but I chose to be a moderater to help us have a peaceable forum where everyone gets along, or at least, stays out of eachother's way. *smiles*
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

Role gone to head?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 08:51:47 AM »
Thats why I quit here  at this particular site BamBams as some Carry over BS from the Marlin site persisted here as I say what I mean. Others accused me of being heavy handed too and I finally got fed up with it. Funny too as I know it is not me in particular as I moderate two other sites here and do not have problems at either. Nor do I at a other couple of forums I moderate.  Your doing a good job  and not really your fault if you had problems and could not get on for a while.  I am not condemning any others with my post here as that is not my responsibility Just supporting BamBams as a moderator as I was here I know what a thankless job it can be. One thing is GB supports us all the way so for that I stay to moderate and am thankfull of his support. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Role gone to head?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 08:53:03 AM »
Dali Llama ask do BamBams perhaps think it even the least bit inappropriate that posts of others which Dali could use to defend himself against such accusations have conveniently been deleted, by BamBams???  In one example, which Dali unable to quote due to aforementioned censorship by BamBams, Dali say that this very morning it implied by another poster that Dali lack class, and patently untrue motives were imputed to Dali. :twisted:  :x  :evil:  

In another instance today, Dali report on death 11 day ago of man friendly to gun causes, and receive following sarcastic retort:

"Old news. POWDERMAN."

Dali submit that commentary such as this unnecessarily impugn his character.  Dali say it unrealistic to expect Dali not to defend self. :(

Offline BamBams

Role gone to head?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 09:08:25 AM »
Dali - I couldn't care any less who started what. You should have noticed that the posts of the others who got into it with you were also deleted when your's was for the exact same reasons. In my opinion, your acting like you just don't want to take responsibility for anything you type.  It is a fact that your post was old news - there is nothing a moderator can do about that - no matter how it made you "feel."  I've received an apology from one of the posters who got into it with you, and he totally understood where his mistake was without anyone having to tell him - and he did the very least of it all -- BUT alas, now look at you?

Furthermore, take your complaints to Graybeard, as I have told you several times before.  He has copies of everything you can no longer read, so nobody has "conveniently" deleted any of your evidence.  In fact, I emailed him those copies myself.  Frankly, I'd be ashamed of myself as a grown man for what you are saying and doing today - but that's just me.

Jim:  You were a moderator for a long time here, and you did a GREAT job!  I've got a lot of respect for you as a person. Oh, I'm going to be here for quite awhile myself.  Thank you for kind the words of support.  This is a fantastic forum, and very popular, we do have some trouble makers, but rest assurred - we are on it!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

Role gone to head?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 09:14:28 AM »
Thanks BamBams you also! Now we sound like the Moderators Mutual Admiration Society.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :)  :D  :roll:  :wink:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Role gone to head?
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 09:16:35 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
Dali - I couldn't care any less who started what.
That be evident, and be a major part of the problem, submit Dali Llama.  Dali wonder why person who defend self be tarred with same brush as instigator. :o  :?  :?  :?

Offline BamBams

Role gone to head?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 09:20:14 AM »
That be evident, and be a major part of the problem, submit Dali Llama.

BamBams say, That be YOUR problem from now on, so learn to play better with others.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline BamBams

Role gone to head?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 09:32:10 AM »
Okay, Dali has had his tantrum, I've tried to open up the reality window for him, and now I can see no place for this thread to go except downhill, so guess what?  That's right!  I'M LOCKING IT!  Let's get back to posting and not being an audience for this type of nonsense.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Role gone to head?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 08:57:56 AM »
Wal Dali, I really wish you hadn't made this into a public issue. But since you did I'll have to reply to it here in public. I had hoped to handle it strictly on a personal basis between you and I. Changes WILL BE MADE.

Look for a PM from me soon on this issue. In it I will lay out some ground rules you WILL FOLLOW if you stay here.

But for the rest of those involved in doing same things he is be aware that I do not consider this a one way street. I may have to also have some private conversation with others.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!