Author Topic: Accuracy Problem?  (Read 434 times)

Offline brianrull

• Trade Count: (0)
Accuracy Problem?
« on: January 21, 2005, 02:56:27 AM »
I bought a Beretta 8040 Cougar (.40cal.) new in box and have shot less than 250 rounds through it.   I can't get better than 6-8" groups at 15 yds (paper plate groups).  My trusty 92FS (9mm) shoots 2-3" groups at the same distance. Both are being shot seated off a sandbag rest, so shooting form should not be and issue. I have tried Winchester 180 gr. FMJ and JHP. Also some Winchester SXT law enforcement ammo a guy had at the range and the shots were all over the place.  Does the extra 1" of barrel make that big of a difference or do I have a lemon? Any suggestions?

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
Accuracy Problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 03:17:54 AM »
The 1" shorter bbl. should't make ANY difference at 15 yds. I would try 1 or 2 more types of ammo (which I doubt will make any difference) then call Beretta and see what they have to say about it. My brothers baby Glock in 40 cal. will shoot less than 3" @ 25 yds.

Offline Hcliff

• Avid Poster
Accuracy Problem?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 03:08:23 AM »
I agree try a different ammo.  Have you pulled the gun apart yet?  Check to see if there is any wierd looking machine marks that would not let the barrel to lock up in the same position each time.  Is the barrel extra loose?  Get this info and then call Beretta.

Hcliff