Author Topic: My Vacation Story....by BamBams  (Read 449 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
My Vacation Story....by BamBams
« on: January 30, 2005, 06:35:31 PM »
Well, ya know how it is.  Work starts getting to ya.  The family starts complaining.  You start getting sick of hearing your own voice.  The kids have been going at it day after day.  You feel like you're under paid and under appreciated for all that you strive to do. So it's vacation time!  Yippie! Wooohoooo!

Well that's where I was at yesterday with Graybeards.  I felt like I was trying to accomplish something good, and all it was doing was making things worse for everybody.  I felt as if I stood alone, nobody understood me, and generally came up with:  "What the heck am putting up with all this crap for?"

The only problem with vacations is that, if deep down you really DO like your home, family, job, colleagues, etc, then you have to come back to the same old routine, and inevitably, you wind up needing ANOTHER vacation.

Or do you?

Something is really wrong with that picture isn't there?  I mean, what if you could balance out your life so that you NEVER wanted a vacation?  What if all it took was to fix a couple of things, and you would actually live a more enjoyable life every day?  That would be so much better!

This is where I am at today.  I've decided to try and fix whatever it is that has caused me to want to depart the BBS.  Problem is,  that was not something I could accomplish all by myself.  I'm a guy who hates asking for help, so I seldom get any, but sometimes someone just comes along with what we need to open up our eyes and help us get our "perspective" on things back in order. To that person, and he knows who he is, get out of my life!  *just kidding*  

After that, it was all downhill.  Some clarification about what, exactly, is expected from me by others.  Some time management adjustments, some communication issues.  Piece a' cake.

So I've told the pilot to turn the plane around, or I would take it down with a plastic knife from McDonalds. It's a far better, and more elegant, thing to improve and fix the problems here so that moderating, reading, and posting on this BBS becomes more of a pleasure again than a curse.  I believe I've succeeded in doing that.  "Time is the teller of all truth." - BamBams
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 06:48:43 PM »
Well it sounds like all is worked out here and that is good. Glad every one got things settled. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 09:22:50 PM »
Bam Bams:

For me at least...it is better to pilot the plane than to just go along for the ride...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...