Author Topic: callin' all goose n' duck hunters!!!1  (Read 448 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
callin' all goose n' duck hunters!!!1
« on: January 29, 2005, 02:23:33 PM »
wow, i'm hooked on this water fowl hunting. i've been out twice in past seasons and liked it but never got into it that much. this year i started late in the season but got several. the season went out today w/ a hair head and a green wing teal!!! :P can't wait till next year!!!!!!! :P does any one else hunt water fowl w/ thier h&r guns???
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »
I just bought an old H&R Model 176 10ga w/ a 36' barrel for goose hunting. I had hoped to get out with it today as it was the last day for geese in my area. I hope to get over to the western shore of maryland and shoot a few over there. If not there is always next year. I've done a little bit of goose hunting with my deluxe model topper 12ga. As a teen ager I shot ducks and geese with my model 198 deluxe model topper 20ga. Between work,wife kid, and deaths in the family hunting was pretty much a bust this year.Where are you hunting?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline buckslayer

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 04:03:42 PM »
i hunt i virginia in small marsh guts floatin in a canoe drifting up on the duck around corners. this morning the creeks were froze about 4'' thick so we poled the canoe accross the ice about 1/4 mile down the creek and cleared some pot holes and threw some black duck decoys out and the duck came flyin' :P markus, sorry about your dad and father in-law.
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 01:15:49 AM »
Are you on the Eastern shore of VA by chance? I spent a lot of time in Chincoteague as a child.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 03:31:40 AM »
Buckslayer,
                   Here in Maryland our Duck season ended yesterday but the Resident Population goose season goes until the 15th of Feb.  The other day I got a Mod steel choke for my MAB 10 ga Turkey rig.  I had it out yesterday morning and it does good.  We are hunting over a old corn field and the geese are everywhere.  I've gotten 9 in the last few weeks.  Like you I have done some waterfowling in the past I'm hook on it now.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 05:15:22 AM »
Dave shoot me an email or a PM and I'll help you with the resident goose population.

Offline Moonlitin

• Avid Poster
First goose with a NEF 20 gauge Pardner
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 02:22:20 PM »
My son shot his first goose with a 20 gauge Pardner this season.