Author Topic: HELP! Any moderator!!!  (Read 799 times)

Offline Malamute

• Trade Count: (0)
HELP! Any moderator!!!
« on: February 14, 2005, 02:56:21 PM »
I have tried to send messages through the help or support pages and they simply dont go anywhere, the page just recycles without sending.

The problem I am trying to report is that I have many times tried to post a reply to a thread, but when I try to submit the post it simply disapears, never to be seen again. I hope this post goes through. This is very frustrating!!!!  HELP!!!

OK, this one went through (hope this edit does too). I log in, everything seems fine, I try to post a message, and it just disapears with no trace. What can we do to prevent this? I like this forum, but this has been a problem for some time for me, so I just dont come here much because of this. Thanks for any assistance.

Offline Daveinthebush

???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:40:25 PM »
The only thing I can think of is if you weren't logged in.  Other than that Matt or GB will have to help you.  Sorry. :?
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
HELP! Any moderator!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
There is nothing in our software to cause such a problem so it's on your end. Now what is the question.

Are you an AOL user? If so, read the comments in the Help Section regarding AOL users.

Are you running some kind of firewall? Do you have your computer set to accept cookies? Have you clear your temporary internet files and cookies lately? You should.

Are you running a quality and up to date Virus program and a spyware or adware program or two. Do you keep it all up to date daily? Do you run scans at least weekly if not daily?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Malamute

HELP! Any moderator!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 05:41:12 PM »
I was very definately logged in,

I have good current virus and anti-spyware working,

I don't have a fiirewall

I do clear cookies and history daily or at least every 2 days. I'm set to accept cookies.

I've had this problem perhaps a half dozen times over the last several months off and on.

As I mentioned above, I log in, write a reply to a post, click "submit" and it simply disapears, and doesn't show up on the thread. I'm a real slow typer, this is very frustrating to have it disapear.

Any more things to check?

Oh, and not an AOL user.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
HELP! Any moderator!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 05:48:51 PM »
Maybe. Just how slow are you typing?

Session length is set at 20 minutes at this time. Meaning if you take longer than 20 minutes it ends your session due to lack of activity. What I do if I think it might even be close is to open a second window. Then from time to time as I type on a long response I'll move to the other window and move some data. Just click on anything, just so data moves. It will keep you logged in.

There is a chance this maybe your problem. I've gotten caught a time or two myself and so has Matt. He now types his in MS Word and copies and pastes them. I do as mentioned above if it's long. Some folks just copy their post before hitting submit just in case so they can then paste it back in. All of these work.

But it sounds like this could be the problem.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Malamute

HELP! Any moderator!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 06:13:58 PM »
That may be it. I think if I type part of it, submit, then go back and edit to finish it works OK also.

I don't know how to copy or paste.

Thanks for your attention to this.  Nice to know there is someone there looking into it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
HELP! Any moderator!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 06:28:01 PM »
Here are the copied and pasted instructions I gave another member recently on how to copy and paste.  :)

Place your cursor at one end of the text you wish to copy. Press and hold the LEFT mouse button. Sweep the cursor to the far end of the text you wish to copy. It will be highlighted.

Now put the cursor within the highlighted area. Press and release the RIGHT mouse button. Select COPY from the drop down menu. Or if you wanted you could press and hold the CTRL key while hitting the C key. Both do same thing.

Next go to where you wish to paste the text. Place your cursor where you want the text to appear. Press and release the RIGHT mouse button. Select PASTE and the text you copied will appear there. OR you could press and hold the CTRL key while depressing and releasing the V key. Both do same thing.

That's the short lesson on Copy and Paste.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Malamute

HELP! Any moderator!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 02:28:53 PM »
OK, thanks.  I appreciate your help figuring this out.