Author Topic: Today marks the end...  (Read 438 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Today marks the end...
« on: January 31, 2005, 01:01:56 PM »
of squirel season here in NC.  Spent a couple hours in the woods with the .410 Topper but never got a shot off.  :(  Watched two scrawny little tree rats play tag for about 20 minutes some 150 yards on the wrong side of the property line. :evil:   Other than that, zilch.  Oh well, still have 28 days of bunny season left.  :wink:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Critter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Today marks the end...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 01:23:43 PM »
I feel for you.,  We, fortunately, have until March 31st to hunt bunnies and tree rats.  We went out yesterday and didn't have much luck.  We saw 4 bunnies and only got one of them for the pot.  No squirrels, and 1 opossum was all we saw other than that.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Today marks the end...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 04:00:21 PM »
I hate the end of hunting season. I did so little hunting this year that it seems like I ought to get a couple more weeks to make up for missed time. 1 deer and a couple geese. It's a good thing I can afford to buy meat or my family would be hungry this year. I think I might try turkey this year even though I haven't seen a turkey on my property in a couple years. At least it would be time in the woods.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Today marks the end...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 04:09:18 PM »
Your so right Markus, it would be some nice time in the woods. And you never know, settle in and give a couple of hoots, why you might just have a big one strut right up and surrender!!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Today marks the end...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 04:43:04 PM »
I've never tried it. I've read a lot about it , watched the shows and played around with a few calls but my work starts to get busy around that time of year. Maybe I need a new line of work?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun