Author Topic: Help me out guys, toss me a bone...  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Help me out guys, toss me a bone...
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2005, 06:01:02 AM »
We well understand all of those things you've mentioned and they are all considered when we take action to ban someone. BTW Matt and Vinnie are well acquainted and have regular communications.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Num_1_Dad

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.tuxrules.com/penguin
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2005, 07:01:42 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
BTW Matt and Vinnie are well acquainted and have regular communications.

:shock:  :shock:  :)  :-D  8)  :mrgreen:
Visit my forum at www.tuxrules.com/penguin to get the latest php forum board's with built in MOD's!
Or my forum www.tuxrules.com/discussion

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2005, 07:02:38 AM »
Graybeard----Maybe you need to hire Vinnie and Little Mo to be moderators. Little Mo is the guy that smokes them stinky cigars. :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Pot Bellied Sove forum
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2005, 07:52:26 AM »
I have never owned a Marlin and have no particular plans to obtain one.  I have viewed this forum as a general forum and not specific to Marlin folk.

Now the most distressing thing I've seen so far in this forum is the discussion about flaming wars and such.  For what ever reason I've missed the flaming itself.

So bottom line is I haven't seen anything here I couldn't live with.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2005, 08:27:32 AM »
Matt- You sneaky devil you! :lol:  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Pot Bellied Sove forum
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2005, 08:58:46 AM »
Quote from: unspellable
the most distressing thing I've seen so far in this forum is the discussion about flaming wars and such.  For what ever reason I've missed the flaming itself.

:eek: Perchance that be because it do not and never have exist to any significant extent, comment Dali Llama. :eek:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
It's all relative?
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »
Maybe it's all relative.  Most of the forums I've been frequenting are pretty decent.  But once upon a time I did belong to a forum that got shut down because every body spent all their time either wielding flame throwers or dodging them.

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2005, 11:19:08 AM »
GB,
The only thing I can say is this, some of the responses for what ever reason are simply people who don't use common sense. These attacks that you speak of are I think are do to having nothing to do with their lives. Some responses remind me of old women talking ( spinsters). Maybe some have too many of the women chromosones. No disrespect to ladies. I feel that the ones who want to start whatever must and usually have low self esteem. And this being politically correct has no business in anything worth while. Just use what the guy upstairs gave you. I love this sight the whole forum. I don't frequent this particular forum because it reminds me of ole biddies talking about everyone else. Just my 2 cents worth.
                                                                 tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2005, 01:17:09 PM »
Quote from: TOMMYY01

Some responses remind me of old women talking ( spinsters).

Maybe some have too many of the women chromosones.

I don't frequent this particular forum because it reminds me of ole biddies talking about everyone else.

:eek: Apparently this forum have distinctly feminine aura, say Dali Llama! :)  :-D  :)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2005, 01:48:23 PM »
Graybeard, one of the features I've seen on a couple other forums that I frequent is a hot button that shows on every post that any member can use to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts and is only to be used for such. In large forums it can be a big help to moderators and administrators to bring attention to the offending post in short order. It either generates a post, email or pm that only admin or moderators can see, so it's not a post on an open forum, just a notification to admin.  It may be worth looking into for you and Matt.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »
Hey Quick:

The management doesn't have to add anything...cause there ain't gonna be anymore of that stuff going on   :)  :)  :)

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2005, 08:52:26 PM »
Mac, I would always like to think that, but it doesn't usually turnout that way all the time. It works well at RFC, the bad posts are promptly deleted and offenders warned or banned depending on the offense. Moderators don't have to read every post in every thread to catch the offenders because the membership helps out silently. Just thought it might help....
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2005, 04:08:31 AM »
Your right...we'll just have to keep a closer eye on things...and getting "Heads Ups" from other members or moderators isn't a bad idea,and in turn we can pass it up the ladder or in turn the management can let us know potintial trouble makers ...as this just happened last nite and this morning :wink:

Mac

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2005, 07:59:01 AM »
Quote from: Mac11700
we can pass it up the ladder or in turn the management can let us know potintial trouble makers ...as this just happened last nite and this morning
:?  :?  :?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2005, 08:29:59 AM »
Dali:

Nothing about you...or any forum you frquent...so don't be alarmed by it....it's just comes with the territory being a moderator... :-)

Mac

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2005, 08:51:42 AM »
Quote from: Mac11700
Dali:

Nothing about you...or any forum you frquent...so don't be alarmed by it....it's just comes with the territory being a moderator... :-)

Mac
Thanks for information, say Dali Llama. :-)

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2005, 02:57:06 AM »
Boss - with the amount of posts we get on your site daily, and the few numbers of flame-thrower attacks we see, statistically Graybeardoutdoors is in really good shape.  

I think your moderators do a pretty good job of keeping the flames down but whenever you have varying points, perspectives and personalities involved in open forum you are bound to get some flamers.  

I simply feel you are doing an excellent job and this entire forum is well worth the effort and time spent to keep it running within your guidelines.  That being said, I have no real idea how much effort such site maintenance really requires.  I can also understand a 'paternal' approach and how, after a while, even some slightly slanted comments can appear to launch off into the hall of flames but I think your forum and each of the individual sites are really excellent.  

I don't know what else to say (for once LoL).  Mikey.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2005, 01:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Mikey
whenever you have varying points, perspectives and personalities involved in open forum you are bound to get some flamers.  

That be true, say Dali Llama.