Author Topic: The UN At Work Again! Pushing For International Disarmament  (Read 359 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
The UN At Work Again! Pushing For International Disarmament
« on: February 05, 2005, 04:46:27 AM »
International Disarmament: Human "Rights" Coalition Pleads Case To United Nations

Friday, February 04, 2005

The international gun prohibitionists have their sights set on you.

A coalition of human "rights" groups is urging the United Nations (UN) to begin drawing up plans for a "legally binding," worldwide "marking and tracing" system that they foresee as a means to track firearms from "factory" to "user" anywhere in the world (including the United States).

The coalition includes the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) and its vehemently anti-gun Director Rebecca Peters (who, in October 2004, debated NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre in the "Great Gun Debate"), in addition to Amnesty International and Oxfam International.

Despite the fact that numerous iterations of this flawed concept have already proven ineffective and unworkable, the gun-ban groups are nonetheless pushing the proposal, which, in the end, amounts to nothing more than a dressed up global registration scheme. It is also, they hope, a means by which they can foist their anti-gun agenda on other countries worldwide.

But, of course, it`s not hard to see through the coalition`s predictable posturing and alarmist rhetoric. Behind the humanitarian platitudes exists a clear goal--a complete ban on private handgun possession, especially here in the United States. Ms. Peters freely admitted as much during her debate in London with Wayne LaPierre. The truth is that she and her cohorts are determined to destroy our Second Amendment rights. Rest assured, NRA-ILA remains unalterably opposed to their crusade.

NRA members can obtain a DVD or VHS copy of the debate between Ms. Peters and Wayne LaPierre by calling the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division at (800) 392-8683.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

The UN At Work Again! Pushing For Internat
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:33:44 AM »
Maybe Peters needs a social call by Vinnie so she can see the errors of her ways!  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :evil:  :x
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 05:39:55 AM »
Nothing the UN does is legally binding on the US until such time as the President signs it and the Senate ratifies it. Now if we ever again have a dumocrap prez and he has enough dumocrap senators to pull it off this will be done and that's just the way of life.

Even more of a concern tho is a treaty already signed by most of the nations but not the US. It basically will replace the US Constitution with UN control of the US if it's ever signed. Both Gore and Kerry had agreed to sign if elected. Klinton would have if it had gotten completed in time. Then only the Senate would stand between the US Constitution and us being ruled by folks in blue hats.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BamBams

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 07:09:51 AM »
I've got to wonder.  What IF.....we get a dumocrap President, and he does sign such a treaty?

Do you think we'd just cave in like Great Britain, Canada, Austrailia and follow along, and turn in our guns?

Do you think we'd have another revolution?

What do you think we're really made of as a nation of "free" citizens these days?

I feel like, if this did happen, and I couldn't do anything about it myself, I'd be moving to one of the 621 vacant Micronesian Islands or something.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 08:22:16 AM »
Well boys and girls I hate to say it but it is going to happen. When depends how long it is before people wake up. They already have their currency in place in a lot of countries(Euro-Dollar).  The UN. will keep chipping away at us until it is too late too stop it unless it is stopped right away. We will have some very tough decisions to make in the future. Do we stand and fight or just turn the country over to them. Your vote does count so we need to know what agenda our candidates stands behind. :eek:  :(
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS