Author Topic: Can Anyone Test My Radio Station?  (Read 706 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Can Anyone Test My Radio Station?
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:44:37 PM »
This isn't an adverstisement.

I've put up an internet radio station, and I need to get some idea how well the music is coming through for most people.  So far, I've only had two people try it.  One said it's great, the other guy says he's having some problems.  I really could use some more feedback so I know whether or not to continue broadcasting.  It doesn't matter if your computer literate or not.

The station is called "Just Jazz"

http://www.streamerp2p.com/?t=jazz
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 06:06:15 PM »
Nope. I clicked the link and was instantly lost. In so far over my head I had no clue what to do next. You'll need someone with more computer knowledge than me to test it for ya.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 11:05:04 PM »
BAMS
I love ya and would do just bout anything ya asked me to do, but, I am in the same boat with Mr GB, sir. I thing ya need sum help from a smarter bunch than me. I tried to help but I just could not get it.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 01:55:22 AM »
Dali Llama say he would suggest caution to those who not particularly care for BamBams knowing your locale. :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline BamBams

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:32:56 AM »
Thanks for attempting it guys!  I've decided I'm just going to put it up once in awhile, or if someone asks me to, wanting to hear a certain piece of music, etc.

Dali, knowing someone's whereabouts on the Internet has absolutely nothing to do with the music software.  It's a very simple matter to trace almost anyone's locale on the Internet.  

If a person is on the Internet, and assumes that they aren't traceable, they are being quite naive.  The Internet affords no true privacy, and each and every node that is on it can be easily tracked down.  Are you trying to hide on the Internet or something?  

Peek-A-Boo, I can see you!  HAHAHA
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 09:09:19 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
It's a very simple matter to trace almost anyone's locale on the Internet.
How do one do so and what information required, inquire Dali Llama?

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 09:11:27 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
Are you trying to hide on the Internet or something?  

Peek-A-Boo, I can see you!  HAHAHA
:lol:  :-D  :)  :lol:  :D

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 09:45:54 AM »
If computing from home the IP Address is that piece of needed info. Yes I have it for every GBO member. Do I know how to use it to trace you down? Nope. Do I know folks who can do it for me if needed? You better betcha. I have a contact who can give me your full name, street address and phone number from your IP address. He has several times when I needed it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BamBams

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 11:16:36 AM »
Yes, GB.  The IP address is very useful, but not necessarily the one currently being used, and not necessarily the actual IP address of the computer workstation itself.   It can even be an old IP since all points usually point to Rome anyway.  Cable users will normally have a cable box acting as a gateway, which of course would have it's own IP address, but how many cable users string wire from their cable box to a computer 100 miles away?

As far as exactly "how" it's done, I'm afraid I really can't go there without making Adelphia, Bell, US Cable, and bunch of other companies want to sue me for handing out proprietery information on how to talk to their equipment.  I'm not one for biting off the hands that "used" to feed me.  Now if someone wanted to pay my rather high consulting fee, we could probably talk a little biz.  *smiles*
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 01:08:02 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
I have a contact who can give me your full name, street address and phone number from your IP address. He has several times when I needed it.
:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :shock: