Author Topic: out of style deer ,elk bullet  (Read 841 times)

Offline markcl

• Trade Count: (0)
out of style deer ,elk bullet
« on: January 04, 2005, 11:53:20 AM »
is there a few bullets for deer and elk ,30.06 power and a little bigger that a guy can get a discounted price gun and a few hundred brass and be set for life now that all the new wis bangers are on the market?

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 01:39:37 PM »
I don't know about brass, but Remington and a couple other of the big bullet manufacturers do sell bulk bullets.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline High Brass

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:56:05 AM »
For 30-06 you should be able to find brass many, many places.  Like the man said, you can get Remington bullets for a song, especially from www.midwayusa.com.  I've never hunted elk in my life but for what it's worth, many a hunter has stated great results with Rem. 180gr. PSPCLs at 30-06 velocities on elk.  Good luck.

Offline DWARREN123

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 03:58:02 AM »
Have you checked on M48/48A Yugo Mauser, Mosin/Nagant in 7.62X54, SKS or other in 7.62X39. Military surplus rifles and ammo, got to love them! :D

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 08:25:01 AM »
I've been seeing a ton of 06s, 7mms and 300  mags on the used gun racks lately. The prices seem decent but there still doesn't seem to be much movement so I suspect prices will begin dropping soon.  Despite much of the hype there are many bullets out there that have been perfoming well for many years. It just seems everyone wants the "perfect " bullet and figure the "whiz bangs" are it. There is no such thing. Common sense and a time proven performance will harvest as much game as any "whiz bang ".
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline lilabner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 04:59:49 PM »
Many hunters swear by the Remington Core Lokt bullets. They are not trendy or expensive. I pull out my wallet and get Nosler Partititions. Real spendy but I only use them for hunting and you don't shoot many rounds doing that.

Offline markcl

Dakotashooter2 you get what I ment to say,
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:59:23 PM »
With all the new short fat bullet guns I hope to get a good price on a 300  win mag or something of that vintage ,that is what I am asking
Markcl